It's soooooooo hot!

Uke Republic

Reaction score
I love the heat down here in Hotlanta but at time it can interfere with playing outside. What do you do to stay cool whilst playing your uke? Well you already cool if your playing the uke so temp wise.:cool:

Help I'm melting!!!

To stay cool....ICE COLD BEER!!!!

I love the heat down here in Hotlanta but at time it can interfere with playing outside. What do you do to stay cool whilst playing your uke? Well you already cool if your playing the uke so temp wise.:cool:

Help I'm melting!!!

I feel ya Mike!! It is so hot today. Hopefully not a precursor of our summer.

I like to sit on the edge of my Koi pond with my feet and legs in the water, and several of them actually seem to enjoy my playing!!. But I haven't been able to yet this year it's still dropping below freezing at night here!

I like to sit on the edge of my Koi pond with my feet and legs in the water, and several of them actually seem to enjoy my playing!!. But I haven't been able to yet this year it's still dropping below freezing at night here!

kenikas, you have a koi pond?! how big are your koi? and yeah, these last two years have totally sucked for spring in utah!! yesterday it was about 70F, today it's 49F and with wind chill it's about 40F. last week we had 80F weather and snow, all in the same week!! and the wind has been intense!! i guess this weekend will be nice, but then snow again on sunday/monday :rofl:. utah has the most bi-polar springs and falls!!

when it's hot, i usually have a nice cold dew and stay inside where it's air conditioned during the hottest time of the day. when it cools down, usually go outside then. never want to be outside when it's over 100F.

I sit in front of my stand fan. It gives the uke sort of a weird tremolo sound, though. In weather like this I'm always afraid I'll fuse to the finish.

Help I'm melting!!!

I play Christmas Carols...

...and drink ICE COLD BEER!

HOORAY FOR THE HEAT!!!

After a record cold winter I needed it!

So, I know you guys would like it cooler... but PRAY FOR HEAT... Mim has 7 kids to feel and the more heat the more Snowballs and Ice Cream I sell!!!!

So, what do I do to beat the heat?

Go to Aloha Snow...

Buy a Ukulele from off the wall...

Sit outside and strum and eat, strum and eat... until your cares and perception of heat melt away!!!

Ahhhh...

Haha! I know, it was stinkin' hot today! The kids had a good time in the sprinklers though. And we take a huge piece of plastic and put it down our hill in the back yard and instant water slide and the perfect way to beat the heat!

After reading these responses I decided to act. Feeling much cooler now though Friday may hit 90f.I shall and purchase more cooling vessels. I will not do set ups or drop offs to UPS, USPS whilst using cooling vessels. 5:00pm return to cooling vessels , chilled boiled shrimp and outdoor patio ukulele playing. Now I know why my uke smells funny, shrimp!

kenikas, you have a koi pond?! how big are your koi? and yeah, these last two years have totally sucked for spring in utah!! yesterday it was about 70F, today it's 49F and with wind chill it's about 40F. last week we had 80F weather and snow, all in the same week!! and the wind has been intense!! i guess this weekend will be nice, but then snow again on sunday/monday :rofl:. utah has the most bi-polar springs and falls!!

when it's hot, i usually have a nice cold dew and stay inside where it's air conditioned during the hottest time of the day. when it cools down, usually go outside then. never want to be outside when it's over 100F.
Yes, I've been keeping Koi much longer than playing ukes and have several that are 24" to 32". Some of them seem really interested in the sound from the uke, but maybe they just think food may fall out of it!

Yes, I've been keeping Koi much longer than playing ukes and have several that are 24" to 32". Some of them seem really interested in the sound from the uke, but maybe they just think food may fall out of it!

wow, i don't think i've ever seen koi that big outside of japan. that's awesome man! i hope you're enjoying this hot 60F weather we're having!!

Did it hit 90 yet? What does it feel like? It's so cold and rainy today they cancelled the baseball game. I miss 90. Heck -- I miss 60. Grrrrrrrrr........

Enjoy your cooling vessels though.

How about this....

Start with a Makala dolphin or any other plastic-bodied uke. With the sound hole facing up, fill the uke body 1/3 full of clean water. Lay the uke on it's back in the freezer over night. If it won't lay level, prop the neck up with a bag of frozen green beans until it will. The next day, when it's good and hot outside, go to the freezer, grab the uke, take it outside, tune up and play! You've just made a Uke-sicle! THAT should help keep you cool while you play outside in the heat.... :D

How about this....

Start with a Makala dolphin or any other plastic-bodied uke. With the sound hole facing up, fill the uke body 1/3 full of clean water. Lay the uke on it's back in the freezer over night. If it won't lay level, prop the neck up with a bag of frozen green beans until it will. The next day, when it's good and hot outside, go to the freezer, grab the uke, take it outside, tune up and play! You've just made a Uke-sicle! THAT should help keep you cool while you play outside in the heat.... :D

This + the sprinkler + a cold brew + a pair of sweet shades..... you'll be plenty cool my friend.

Top Bottom