New ukulele!

Howlin Hobbit

Reaction score
About four hours ago the postman brought me the Ohana sopranino from the deach/HH trade in the "Let's Trade" thread.

Someone in another thread I was reading earlier made a little joke something to the effect of "haven't gotten a new uke in two months."

Well, I haven't had a new uke in like 3 or 4 years. And a sopranino was one off of my (pretty short) UAS list. Double-happy time!

Deach, dude! Thanks!

I'll have a full review in my blog sometime soon but a couple things right off the bat.

It's so cute and sweet I thought I'd have to get a shot of insulin but it goes much farther than that. This is not a toy! If that's what you were thinking, get that thought right outta your heads. MGM has said it has nice volume and I believed him but when I tuned it up and strummed the first few chords I was pleasantly surprised. It was louder than I expected.

So I got to thinking... wonder what would happen if I cranked the little puppy up to D tuning?

Holy cats! It's a little monster!

It's much happier in D tuning. It just barks like the big dog. I can't wait to get it out in front of an audience. I've even already got a couple lead-in jokes to tell before I pull the thing out.

They'll be all, "Awww, ain't that cute!" Then it'll blow 'em away.

The tone isn't "fabulous" -- bear in mind I've been all these years on the Glyph -- but it is really nice.

The strings haven't even settled yet and, since it's a solid mahogany instrument, it'll open up even more over time. That thought is almost scary.

I named him T.R.

I think I'll get back to strumming now.

Top Bottom