I pulled the trigger and ordered my first UKE I guess I have to learn now

Keef

Reaction score
Koaloha / KTS-07 Sceptre Tenor
I know everyone says I should try a bunch in hand first to see what I like and to see what fits best but I just had to have it. you understand right? :drool:

I think Ill go sit by the mail box and wait :)

You've picked a wonderful entry level ukulele. When you decide to upgrade let me know. Pictures when you get it.

Wow! That's some start! You'll want to learn more once you see how beautiful that instrument is.

I would have started with a Kala or something, but totally depends on your budget and dedication.
If you find you don't like that one, I'm sure there will be people here who would gladly take it off your hands or trade.

Pics when you get it please!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Smart move going with the KoAloha first. Cuts the UAS at least in half, if not more. Enjoy!

UAS????

my thought is I wont have to upgrade later and it puts great pressure on me to learn
if I dont learn its still great art but looking at it would make me feel shame
is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?
OMG!! I CANT TAKE IT!!
fun fun fun :)

congrats man, that's gonna be awesome!!

I am sure you are going to love it! If it works out, you will save money in the long run. If not, there will be a lot of eager buyers. Getting something you really like is a great motivator. Must see photos when you get it. When is it expected?

–Lori

UAS????

my thought is I wont have to upgrade later and it puts great pressure on me to learn
if I dont learn its still great art but looking at it would make me feel shame
is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?
OMG!! I CANT TAKE IT!!
fun fun fun :)

You don't need to worry about not learning. The ukulele is extremely easy to learn but like everything else difficult to master. If you have good rhythm you'll be surprised on how many songs you'll be able to play on the first couple of days. Have fun!

UAS????

my thought is I wont have to upgrade later...../QUOTE]

Hahahaha you soon to be infected soul!!!! I started like you did, bought a Kamaka Tenor first and thought I was done! I soon found out that I needed a beater uke to take to the beach, peoples houses, etc. so my real baby would not be subject any abuse. Then I got a Makala Concert from MGM and my UAS is in remission....well I have a weary eye on a six string Mele!!!!
Best of luck and you will have a blast playing your new uke!!!

I just got off the phone with the creator of the sceptre Super Nice guy
I asked about the crown design at the base of the bridge as mine will not have that design and he explained that making that was very labor intensive so only the early ones will have that design
by the end of our talk I felt that we were great friends and I just adopted one of his children .
I promised to keep in touch and give him feedback on my experiences with this almost magical Ukulele

I just got off the phone with the creator of the sceptre Super Nice guy
I asked about the crown design at the base of the bridge as mine will not have that design and he explained that making that was very labor intensive so only the early ones will have that design
by the end of our talk I felt that we were great friends and I just adopted one of his children .
I promised to keep in touch and give him feedback on my experiences with this almost magical Ukulele
So you bought it from KoAloha itself? Sweet! You talked to Mr Okami? (I think that's his name) Even sweeter. KoAlohas are the best. You are going to be so happy.

Actualy I bought it from a dealer in Hawaii (ukulele Puapua) but when I had a question about it I called Koaloha and the nice lady said here you can talk to the creator and I forgot to get his name but I did email him a link to this very thread .
Here is a so so picture of the Sceptre I will be recieving http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/Kempocat/99b4dd6f.jpg I will post detailed pics once it gets here :)

I applaud your courage in starting with a first-class instrument.
As you said, it will motivate you to practice and play.
A quality instrument is easier to play and will develop a great voice.
You probably won't get the max from it at first, but as your skills improve you will be happy and most likely better than most beginners.
My playing ability took quantum leaps after I got my KoAloha, because I liked it so much.
May you use it, love it and enjoy it in good health.

Thank you I have this funny feeling my life has just taken a new direction time will tell :)

:eek: Whoa, that's not just any trigger you pulled, that's the starting gun! Congrats! You'll be more than pleased, that's for sure. You've certainly got a leg up in the quality department (by far). Have fun!

And you're right -- your life has just changed completely ;).

Top Bottom