Mya-Moe Tenor Resonator

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well it is coming along, sheduled for completion later this month.

Attachments

• ResoInside..jpg
    ResoInside..jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
  • ResoBodyComplete&#4.jpg
    ResoBodyComplete&#4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 51
Very striking! They make some very nice instruments

very cool, it looks amazing
Still need to shoot some photos of mine

What are the body and sides made out of, Mango? Top, spruce?

I wondered why so many people on this forum suffer from UAS and I think I understand now - if so many people post pictures of instruments as good looking as this one it's no wonder! My name is Fin and I'm a ukeholic. It's been a week since I bought my last ukulele. Thankfully my wife is pregnant and we have more important things to buy now so hopefully my UAS should calm down! For a while at least.

That is stunning. Enjoy!

Woahhhh!!!! I thought that I resolve my UAS after my new MP custom and my new Dave Sigman Brazilian Rosewood uke...but seeing your uke just make me dream once again!!!

Amazing!

What are the body and sides made out of, Mango? Top, spruce?
I just noted I never stated the wood, it is called Black & White Ebony.
Just a short while ago fellow UU'er Landshark had a lapsteel made from the same wood.

It's getting closer, it is within a 100 miles, delivery tomorrow.

Last edited:
I demand lots of videos and sound clips of this baby in action! I really want one myself.

The uke has landed. Thank you Char & Gordon.
This is a very special uke, it was a joy to order and spec it out with Char & Gordon.
Being able to follow it through the build process on Twitter was really cool too.

The UPS driver (not a stork) delievered this baby safely. The box was opened with great anticipation and all the excitement of any 5 year old on Christmas morning.
My first strum was not plesant as the strings were completey slack. After retreiving my tuner the process of stretching new strings begins. All I wanted to do was get the strings close so I could strum a few chords.
Finally I got the strings to hold long enough, all I can say is this little puppy is loud and crisp.
There will be no more hiding in the background for me, my bad notes are going to be heard.

I love this uke, I can feel the radiused fret board and I like to play chords up the neck.
I highly recommend Char & Gordon to build your custom/dream ukulele.
When I ordered it, they gave me a completion date and actually followed through with it.
Considering the quality of the instrument and the fact it is built for you, the price is not all the much more than some of the premium builders. (the 3 K's)

In the next few days I will get some more pictures posted.

Soooooo jealous. I'd love a resonator half that nice. :)

Top Bottom