What to Play at the UWC's open mic sessions?

You mean to tell me I have to play something?

I wondered that too, but all I know are worship songs...I've never made an intentional effort to actually learn a bunch of songs

Sing 'em! This bunch will need saving! :)

You mean to tell me I have to play something?

No. It's fun just to be there and observe. But there will be an open mic stage and a "challenge" area where people might challenge you to play a song.

is it wrong to never learn how to play "somewhere over the rainbow"?

I've never learned stairway to heaven or frigen free bird either on guitar...

couldnt care less, since I can rock K-9 for da homies

Alan, I'd like to see you do a cover of Krabber's new song, "Won't Go Without You". At least I think that's the right title....

Dunno. I started culling the herd today. Definitely a Mainland. And a plastic (probably the new Japanese one). I'll bring a tenor, one that I can plug in, jest in case I get the chance.
Lucky bastard. Those of us that are flying in are going crazy trying to decide which ONE to bring. Argh!

I'm bumping up the sound system this year, so there will be plenty of lines.

How about lighting, Mike? Should we bring our reading lamps for our sheet music?

Lucky bastard. Those of us that are flying in are going crazy trying to decide which ONE to bring. Argh!

What do you need? I might be able to bring something you can use...?

How about lighting, Mike? Should we bring our reading lamps for our sheet music?

What do you need? I might be able to bring something you can use...?
Nah, I've already decided to bring my zebra wood soprano. I even dyed my hair to match it. But thank you, Alan.

And yes, lighting wood be a good thing. Some of us have old(er) eyes. I have a clip on battery powered light, maybe I should bring it?

Nah, I've already decided to bring my zebra wood soprano. I even dyed my hair to match it. But thank you, Alan.

And yes, lighting wood be a good thing. Some of us have old(er) eyes. I have a clip on battery powered light, maybe I should bring it?

Good idea.

(adds a light to the list)

I got an old sound board I may be able to hook you up with...not all, but most the channels work. You can probably just have it. May have some other things too. Lemme know

Top Bottom