Which uke company offers the best warranty.

Faricelli

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying a high dollar uke and was wondering which company offers the best warranty. I read on Kamaka site that it can take over a year for a repair. I don't know if that is the norm or not. I have had some dealing with Koaloha and was really pleased. I was just curious what people thought.

well, if Koaloha is replacing ukes that were bought used, extending warranty protection to the second or third owner, you can't beat that with a stick.

Many companies get great customer service reviews. Koaloha gets consistently fantastic reviews.

If I ever had the money I would head straight for Koaloha.

(NB: Many other very fine 'ukulele makers are also available) :)

Kamoa ukes have a great warranty too. Sam at Larry's Music will take care of you!

Kamoa ukes have a great warranty too. Sam at Larry's Music will take care of you!

Those kamoas do look nice but i wouldn't consider them a "high dollar" uke.

Haole, do you have one? I'd like to hear some feedback on them.

I bought a Kamoa soprano in summer 2008 and was very impressed. Not a particularly pretty uke, but to my ears it projects more than most other laminate ukes (which can sometimes be heavy and drenched in finish). Nice setup too. 16 frets that all play in tune! I ended up giving it to my girlfriend because I fell for a Kamaka, but I'd get another if I was in the market for another laminate uke under $200.

Hopefully someone here can snag a Kamoa koa tenor and review it soon! It's approaching the high-dollar range and I imagine it's at least as good as a Honu.

Well, no company can fix an ukulele instantly, so a year wait at Kamaka may just be it takes with their high demand. I haven't actually had any warranty problems with any of my ukes, but I can tell you that the work I had done at KoAloha has been fantastic, and the wait was very reasonable. And granted that you are the first owner of the KoAloha (this rule applies to most companies' warrantys) the better than the weather warranty is excellent.

I have been thinking about buying a high dollar uke and was wondering which company offers the best warranty. I read on Kamaka site that it can take over a year for a repair. I don't know if that is the norm or not. I have had some dealing with Koaloha and was really pleased. I was just curious what people thought.

i thought it said really pissed. i was thinking "oh crap, what happened"... my bad

KoAloha, KoAloha, KoAloha. I purchased a Pineaplle Sunday second hand off ebay and when it arrived, it had a serious buzz on the C,E, and A strings. It was clearly more than a case of just changing the strings. The seller had not been forthright with me in answering questions that I had about the strings, so I was a little concerned. I had been previously talking with Brian at KoAloha about a Sceptre that I ended up buying from them, so I gave him a call. He told me to send the PS back to them and they would repair it n/c. If the neck happened to be twisted, they would build me a new one. It turned out that the action had to be raised at the nut and a few other adjustments were needed. They covered $40 of my shipping cost to ship it back to them and shipped it back to me at their cost. The turn around time from the day I shipped it to them to when I got it back was a little over three weeks.

Full disclosure. I had previously bought a Pikake Concert from MGM, so I don't know if that played a part in them covering my PS, but I don't think so. And I have since bought a crown bridge tenor. Wouldn't you?

Nuff said.

Top Bottom