Found this Gibson Uke at a resale shop. Is it worth anything?

BradFrostic

Reaction score
So I bought this uke for 10 bucks today but knew it was worth more. What did I get?

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

Dang! Nice shopping!

Aaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Why don't I find things like that?????? Yes, that is a very nice instrument. Gibson ukes can be worth quite a bit. No, wait! I'll give you $20 for it. Forget that thing I said a second ago.
These aren't the droids you're looking for....

hahha yeah I knew I got lucky. But im still unsure the model and year of this uke. From the research i've gathered it looks like a Gibson Uke-1 from around the 30s? I dunno I just wanna know how much its worth and wher to find a buyer cause I have no need for it being a guitar player

hahha yeah I knew I got lucky. But im still unsure the model and year of this uke. From the research i've gathered it looks like a Gibson Uke-1 from around the 30s? I dunno I just wanna know how much its worth and wher to find a buyer cause I have no need for it being a guitar player

you know before you get rid of it...maybe you should play it. you might just stop playing those nasty guitars.

Nice find! I get lucky at shops sometimes on all types of things. I once found a Stanley #42 combination plane (wood worker's tool) with all its blades and attachments for $40. Found out later that same setup in its condition was worth about $150. Not a big pile of money, but a lucky find.

Seriously, play it a bit. You'll like it. (One guitar player to another.)

~DB

You are pretty lucky to have found it for that price. I wish I had one. You can post it for sale on this site, I bet someone out there will snap it up.

Top Bottom