Mya-Moe From Our House to yours WINNER!

myamoe

Reaction score
We originally were going to have a video with a brief tour of our home & Mya-Moe shop, plus the announcement of the winner. But, it was way too long. We'll post the tour video later on this thread. Thanks for all your submissions. They were awesome. Be kind--the judging was really difficult.

Gordon & Char

What a great time I had submitting and listening to the other posts. Congrats to all. It got me playing more and I am now looking forward to writing more. Thanks Mya-Moe.

We will get out private messages to all the people who submitted videos by Wednesday noon (PDT). If you don't receive a message, let us know.

Thanks for the great opportunity. Hopefully we'll see another Mya-Moe contest soon. =]

MAN! I saw the viddy that won, and I LOVED IT! I'm so glad - that awesomeness totally deserved some mighty props. Actually, there were so many viddies I watched that just....really knocked me over with pure awesome. If I forgotten to comment on anyone's viddy, please let me know!
Man, you guys say such nice things. Going to blush for a few weeks now.

Great Thank You(s) and Grand Appreciations

Yay! Thank you so much to Mya-Moe Ukuleles for hosting the contest, haha I am really honored to be in this contest it may help me become known :cool:, although it was a very long wait and the last few hours were absolutely terrifying even the suspension too when I watched the video on this thread, my heart was racing, maybe even broke the world record for the world's fastest heart rate, when I saw in bold letters Mya-Moe From Our House to yours WINNER! this was one adventure and it has given me that spark to write more original songs. Thank you so so much for the very nice comments both from, Char and Gordon - the real deal, I was just blown away when you said my name haha, I remember looking at the the 3 prizes that would be won by the 3 lucky winners, as for 3rd it was a T-shirt and an Ukulele strap, I know for sure that T-shirt won't belong in the closet, hek no! It's going to be pinned down to my wall with some other hawaiin poster's I've been collecting, some might think it's wrong but I think its where it belongs, of course I'll wear it on special occasions maybe local ukulele get-togethers or other things, to remind me of the crazy creative contest I entered and to show/say "hey even though I didn't win 1st prize I still have a remarkable souvenir that may not be new Ukulele, but it shows that I've been on a road with you know, traffic lights and stop signs, and other cars, but not only that; but a road I took time to drive on and make my way to success, and I take respect for that" (I cant drive yet but soon) And for the Ukulele Strap, I'll be using plently! :p

I really want to also thank in the process of the wait, these people for their comments that built up my structure of confidence - from Ukulele Underground Members from both on UU & YouTube:

velvetsiren, bonesigh, B.Uke, ereuku, ashlychantel, markfromindiana, sebi, musicmonsterw, naitbliss, kelseybum91 (labwestukester, 1st prize winner Congratulations, by the way i ended up not kicking your butt, as said on your comment on youtube), Shoepixie (shoepixie, 2nd prize winner haha dangit you beat me, very nice stop animation not bad at all for a first timer), revdrkate, provines (0SkippyTheClown0), simplekine, Adie227, Kubelman001 (wross001), Ian808 (irielystix808), TheUkulazy, gioconbrio (thingsBIGthe), fourstringsisplenty.

-And lastly my Dad for helping me put together my entry, thanks Dad ;)

Thank you all again, I enjoyed all of your incredibly unique videos.
You can add me on YouTube as well: needofriendly is the name, I haven't made any videos but I will soon for sure!

Last edited:
Yes, congratulations to you lucky winners! Definitely three of my favorites--though I can't imagine picking just three from all these great videos. Thanks so much for the contest, Gordon and Char. And thanks so much to everyone in the UU community for welcoming me.

I haven't made any videos but I will soon for sure!

You'd better! I want to hear more of those great songs, man! I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.
Needo's got the right idea - I might have just gotten way too shy and taken my viddy down had it not been for the awesome encouragement and feedback in the comments. WOW, people have been so supportive and cool!

Thanks for running contest, Gordon and Char! Congratulations to the winners! and also to all who entered. I don't enter contests very much but this one has been a lot of fun. There was a great sense of community around this one. I enjoyed watching the videos and reading the opinions of those involved.

If all contests were this much fun, I might enter more of them.

That was the first time I'd entered a uke contest, and they're a great way of making you get something done. Hope to enter some more now I've discovered UU. Congratulations to Needofriendly, Shoepixie & labwestukester, and thanks to Gordon, Char and UU for the contest!

This contest was just the "boot in the ass" I needed to start doing videos. This was my first of many. You just created a monster! Thanks...I think lol

Thanks Mya-Moe for the great contest. What a great opportunity to get my first exposure to creating a music video. Some of those videos really set the bar for home grown video production. Congratulations to the Winners. You diserve the props.

Congratulations you three, well deserved. And congratulations to everyone who took the time to make an entry. I'd missed Kelsey's song the first time round, so that was a pleasant surprise, too.

It's usually disappointing when you don't win, and I sure did want that uke bad, but I'm not disappointed at all! This also forced me to make a song that is at least relatively complete, even if I plan to work on that one more in the future. And I've started making some uke videos now! So thank you very much guys =)

I've still not been able to watch them all (I am determined to make time tomorrow) so it was the first time I'd seen any of these 3 videos. They were awesome guys, and kelsey has got a really cool voice!

All in all, I'm very pleased with this contest, good work guys!

Top Bottom