Ukulele Orchestra of Ukulele Underground anyone?

rpeters

Reaction score
I really love the idea of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, they are absolutely phenomenal!

There are a lot of talented ukulele players on Ukulele Underground, so what if Ukulele Underground were to start an "Orchestra" of their own?

This could be done two ways.

1. Players who live near each other start their own orchestras.

2. People make groups and send recording files over the internet for other people to add onto it.

Someone in each group would have to take the initiative to pick songs and write out parts for people to master. And then players either record the parts together or separately and put them together over the internet. Would anyone be interested in doing this? This would take a lot of organizing though, and probably not something I could do in the next month or so.

Oops! Didn't realize I posted this in the review section. Man am I tired.

sounds like an interesting idea...id like to see where this goes!

The success of this really depends on the person organizing it though and if anyone has enough time to get something like this started. Most of us probably don't. But it's still a fun idea that could help a lot of members improve in playing with others, and reading music.

How about "ensemble" ?
A friend belongs to a mandolin ensemble with mandolins, mandola, octave mandolin and mandocello.
Too bad I don't have a mandobass.

Good plan Hoosier. KamakOzzie, ensemble would work well.

Or how about Ukulele Underground United (or in Unison, or Unit)? :D I like alliterations. :D

Ukulele Orchestra of Ukulele Underground anyone?
I really love the idea of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, they are absolutely phenomenal!

There are a lot of talented ukulele players on Ukulele Underground, so what if Ukulele Underground were to start an "Orchestra" of their own?

This could be done two ways.

1. Players who live near each other start their own orchestras.

2. People make groups and send recording files over the internet for other people to add onto it.

Someone in each group would have to take the initiative to pick songs and write out parts for people to master. And then players either record the parts together or separately and put them together over the internet. Would anyone be interested in doing this? This would take a lot of organizing though, and probably not something I could do in the next month or so
I like the idea. I seem to have more time these days (thanks to the economy), and I have wanted to do something like that. It can be very time consuming, so I suggest starting out very simply, to work out the process.

"Ukulele Underground Ensemble" is good. Maybe "Ukulele Underground Band".
–Lori

I'd be willing to participate in a group like that, but not sure about lead one. Eventually I could start writing out parts to a song the group chooses and then people could start recording and putting parts together. If someone chooses a simple song we could do a trial run and see how that goes. Then we could write parts to it, send it to one another and then assign parts.

I agree - there are plenty of "orchestra" orchestras out there - not a monopoly on the name

I'm interested - more in playing with others than doing it on line, but there you go - i love live playing. That little stretch of water between UK and USA may cause a problem in that regard

Top Bottom