Old Diaz Ukulele- Antiques Roadshow

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Antiques Roadshow from San Jose has a rare early ukulele by Dias with paper label from pre 1905 ($15,000) Check your local PBS station. It shows up in the first 15 minutes of the show.

–Lori

Oh man! I was going to watch that tonight but my wife wanted to watch Dancing With the Stars. I hid in the other room and played my Martin Style 2.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to watch for that one.

Just a follow up; there is a guy in Maryland who has what appears to be the real deal. He is a member of the Lickety Split Banjo Boys. Check out the link to photos on the band's Facebook site, or http://www.banjohangout.org/topic/200515

Last edited:
Yes, his is a real Dias. His name is Frankie, and I am lucky to call him a friend. We have had long talks about his Dias. He has had it a long time and only recently found out about it.

The great thing is that he has become a ukulele player. Through our talks about ukulele he asked for a recommendation on a new uke that he could play and gig with....I recommended a Mainland. He bought a red cedar Mainland and plays beautifully. So, now he is a uke guy too!

Lori and Harold O and - Thanks for the thread and the link. We love Antiques Raodshow. And, we love searching through odd shops for old ukuleles only second to playing.

ceemynah and RyanMFT- After feeling like we have been the only ukulele players in our county for the last few years, we see that the location that Frankie has given, on the banjo forum for his band, is the neighborhood next door to ours! We can't wait to hear them play! Thanks!

You should contact Frankie, a warmer or kinder guy you won't find, and what a musician!

You should contact Frankie, a warmer or kinder guy you won't find, and what a musician!
We left a message on the band's FB page, asking when they'll be playing around Harford County. Since it's a business page, rather than a personal page, we weren't able to leave a pm for Frankie. If you have an email address for him that you would feel comfortable sharing with us in a pm here, we'd like to send him a more detailed message.

Top Bottom