favilla info

hankpym

Reaction score
I was given this beautiful soprano uke by an elderly lady it belonged to her husband. I believe it is from the 20's, I can't find any pics of one like it, its the same blue and has the same flower pattern as the blue teardrop but with a traditional body. Any info about this uke would be greatly appreciated. It has the Favilla crest on the head so it is for sure it is a Favilla its just that I can find no pics of another like it.

THANX
JIM

Attachments

• 012..jpg
    012..jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I have no idea what it is, but I think I'm in love with it!
It's GORGEOUS... to me, anyway...

It has the Favilla crest on the head its just that I can find no pics of any other like it.

That is a fantastic instrument, and it looks to be in very good shape! Treasure it. Favillas are very well made and have great tone. Their quality is often compared with Martin, but at a fraction of the price. You have been very lucky! If you ever decide to sell you will have no trouble finding a buyer, but I recommend you keep it, love it, and play beautiful music on it. Welcome to the friendly circle of Favilla owners! There is a lot of happiness stored up in that little instrument. Cradle it in your arms and let it out.

I have a Favilla Soprano and I LOVE it. I have seen the model of your uke pop up on eBay from time to time. You should play and enjoy it. Mine is very much comparable to my vintage Martin and has a warmer, fuller tone. What a great find for you! Invest in a good hard case so you can take it places and enjoy it!

Glad to see Favillas gaining ground on this forum. Saw a Favilla baritone last week...

Got an email from Thomas Favilla said this uke was built from around 1930 til 1955 my guess would be this is an earlier one because the lesson book I got with it is dated 1927. He said these were mainly produced around Easter and Christmas for gifts. Thanks for all the input just thought I would update this post.

Top Bottom