Rather Trade Than Buy Or Sell?

lkdumas

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you live anywhere near the Bay Area in Northern CA., there are two retailers that will work with you on trades involving your ukes that are in "re-sale" condition - no junk. Music Works, 11225 San Pablo Ave., El Cerrito, CA., and Ukulele Source, 599 North 5th St., San Jose, CA. both have representative collections of good to fine ukes, and will help you if you are interested in a trade for a different size uke or a trade up. I have worked two trades with Duane at the Music Works, and just competed a trade with Smiley Kai at Ukulele Source last week. In deals involving a total of five ukes, I have ended up with a beautiful, Kanile'a tenor in satin finish that just sings. Retailers are in business to make a profit on every deal, but if you regard any loss on your part as "rent" you paid while enjoying your uke, and appreciate the convenience of no shipping hassle, payment risk, etc., trade with a reputable retailer may be for you too.

If you live anywhere near the Bay Area in Northern CA., there are two retailers that will work with you on trades involving your ukes that are in "re-sale" condition - no junk. Music Works, 11225 San Pablo Ave., El Cerrito, CA., and Ukulele Source, 599 North 5th St., San Jose, CA. both have representative collections of good to fine ukes, and will help you if you are interested in a trade for a different size uke or a trade up. I have worked two trades with Duane at the Music Works, and just competed a trade with Smiley Kai at Ukulele Source last week. In deals involving a total of five ukes, I have ended up with a beautiful, Kanile'a tenor in satin finish that just sings. Retailers are in business to make a profit on every deal, but if you regard any loss on your part as "rent" you paid while enjoying your uke, and appreciate the convenience of no shipping hassle, payment risk, etc., trade with a reputable retailer may be for you too.

now that I know that they "bought" your uke, I am curious about what did they do to the ukes after that.. did they sell them as a used uke? if they do, I would like to visit them...

I wouldn't worry about the two dealers named. One Kamaka that I looked at was clearly labeled "previously played" on the price tag. These folks have a good reputation to preserve. Also, a uke serial number can only be registered to an original owner one time.

I wouldn't worry about the two dealers named. One Kamaka that I looked at was clearly labeled "previously played" on the price tag. These folks have a good reputation to preserve. Also, a uke serial number can only be registered to an original owner one time.

Just out of curiosity, What kind of price did they give on a trade in?

what do you mean by registering an uke serial number? do we register our uke serial # online? I don't get it...

Top Bottom