Fishman AG-UKE pickup

Nuprin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Fishman's AG-UKE pickup (passive, undersaddle)? I want to get a pickup for my Kamaka and I can get these pretty cheap through work. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or reviews.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty good pickup. And with a preamp it souds better. I have one of these pickups in my ukes also a Fishman matrix infinity in another.

They are good pickups, but the pickup element is going to be better in the Fishman Matrix than the one you're looking at (according to the Fishman representative I spoke to via e-mail). The Matrix ones are just a bit more, and offer an active preamp and tone controls.

They are good pickups, but the pickup element is going to be better in the Fishman Matrix than the one you're looking at (according to the Fishman representative I spoke to via e-mail). The Matrix ones are just a bit more, and offer an active preamp and tone controls.

I was looking at the Matrix also. I just don't want to affect the weight of the uke too much and adding a battery for the Matrix will only add to the weight.

If the weight of the battery an issue and you want a pickup with a good element and also active, try the MiSi pickup, it uses a LR baggs element. The battery really doesn't add that much weight, I use the Fishman Prefix Pro, and can't really tell it's there.

If the weight of the battery an issue and you want a pickup with a good element and also active, try the MiSi pickup, it uses a LR baggs element. The battery really doesn't add that much weight, I use the Fishman Prefix Pro, and can't really tell it's there.

My overall goal is to outfit my Kamaka, KoAloha, Boat Paddle, and G-String uke with pickups. I actually have an unused MiSi pickup which I'm planning on putting in my Boat Paddle. I'll eventually need another 3 pickups for the other ukes and I can get Fishman pickups at a good discount through work. 3 Fishman AG-UKE pickups, with my discount, end up being less than half the price of 3 MiSi pickups. I've pretty much decided that, due to cost and minimal weight, the AG-UKE pickups are the way to go. I just wanted to make sure they were generally well thought of before I ordered them.

I was looking at the Matrix also. I just don't want to affect the weight of the uke too much and adding a battery for the Matrix will only add to the weight.

Nuprin, get the AG-UKE under saddle and then add the Misi simple jack preamp. low weight, no batteries to mess with.. It's a great combination... thanks, e.lo...

Nuprin, get the AG-UKE under saddle and then add the Misi simple jack preamp. low weight, no batteries to mess with.. It's a great combination... thanks, e.lo...

What's the difference with the MiSi simple jack and the MiSi trio? Is the simple jack the preamp/input without the element? I did a bit of searching and couldn't find where to get it or the cost. Any suggestions?

What's the difference with the MiSi simple jack and the MiSi trio? Is the simple jack the preamp/input without the element? I did a bit of searching and couldn't find where to get it or the cost. Any suggestions?

Yes the simple jack is just the preamp/input without the element. Misi sales just the trio. So you end up having to buy their whole package. However, I was able to secure a source that sold me the fishman piezo along with just the misi preamp/amp. It came out to be about the same cost as the misi trio. e.lo..

Yes the simple jack is just the preamp/input without the element. Misi sales just the trio. So you end up having to buy their whole package. However, I was able to secure a source that sold me the fishman piezo along with just the misi preamp/amp. It came out to be about the same cost as the misi trio. e.lo..

As you may know I've used that combination but prefer the MiSi Trio with the LR Baggs UST. The Baggs element is much more forgiving in that the UST is flexible and makes much better positive contact with the saddle. Good contact can be made with the rigid Fishman element but it can be finicky.
Just my experience.

Does anyone know if this would work with the fishman passive resophonic pickup?

It probably can work, I was just about to try it with my National Concert since I have a MiSi lying around.

Top Bottom