Holy slotted headstock!!!

GX9901

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my first custom ukulele for about half a year now, and I've finally seen it's face for the first time...

45neck.jpg

I'm a happy boy...:D

I've been waiting for my first custom ukulele for about half a year now, and I've finally seen it's face for the first time...

(pssst! GX! That's the headstock, face isn't showing.) :p

Seriously though, I've never been excited about slotted headstocks (nothin' against 'em either) but the way the dark overlay and the lighter wood of the neck work together is pretty yummy.

And the way the tuner buttons match the lighter wood is way yummy.

So... you got any more pics?

Wow George thats awesome. That's some grade A slotted head work :eek::music:

Thanks guys. I hope I'm not being too much of a show-off here. I'm just really excited about it after the semi-long wait (actually, 6-7 months isn't bad for a custom uke).

It's made by William King. Here are a couple more pics he's put up:

45back.jpg

45rosette.jpg

45quarter.jpg

wow!!!! I need to start working on an essay so I'm ready when you GX9901 that away.

Haha! You know, if I was Warren Buffett, I might stage such a giveaway.:p

I think I should have it in hand sometime next week. I'll try to post vids with it sometime after that. I can't wait!:D

I second what rubbertoe said... (its cool i have another change of pants), but that back is AMAZING! i cant wait to hear this sucker play... *sneaks into company where it is housed* HAHA!!!!

no, but seriously completely awesome.

I think I should have it in hand sometime next week. I'll try to post vids with it sometime after that. I can't wait!:D
Very nice GX, William always seems to have very stunning curly Koa. Nice Spruce top and headstock too, but theres more to it than that.. wait till you get in your hands and marvel at the overall flawless fit, finish, and sound of the uke. looks like Worth brown strings? On our Cypress/Koa LS tenor, he used higher tension Saverez strings. 6-7 months wait time is quite fast.. my Spruce/Rosewood LS concert took longer than that. I know the feeling of waiting patiently trying to restrain the anticipation at this stage. :p

Ah, it's a William King.

Well then, the best is yet to come because, beautiful as it is, it's going to sound even better.

I'd suggest you be sitting down when you first play it because your knees are going to go all weak and stuff.

Top Bottom