Even more hotel lobby music

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
This is Take One of Just A Closer Walk With Thee. We played this before anyone arrived to listen. It's a great tune and we are just messing with it.

My previous video is the version we played when some people arrived and asked us to play it again. Hope that makes sense.

Enjoyed that performance! :D

Easier to watch with the video embedded: :)

I thought Kimo preferred Baritones in high pitch?

Beautiful, Ken! Could you please help me understand the tuning of the other gentleman's uke? I think I'm seeing 5 tuners....

Beautiful, Ken! Could you please help me understand the tuning of the other gentleman's uke? I think I'm seeing 5 tuners....

Yes, it is very simple. The the top string is A, then E, then C, just like on a regular tenor. The 4th and 5th strings though are tuned to high G and low G and they are very close together as a pair. When you strum you hit the high G first on the down stroke. When you pick it is possible to either play both G's or just the high G.

It works really well and everyone who has tried it loves it. It will be available from Ohana dealers in the mid to late summer. It doesn't have a model number yet. Kimo played it on several recordings.

Last edited:
Lovely bit of playing....

That 5 string sounds very interesting....you used to get these bass guitars with a drop switch that would drop the E down to a D....pain in the butt as neither the E or D seemed to be properly in tune...this seems much more practical way of doing things.

That's fantastic Ken. I had the wonderful opportunity of hanging out and jamming with Kimo for a couple hours when he was here in Phoenix. He is an amazing person and a true joy to be around. I wish he would come back, I need more work on some of the more complex things that he taught me :D

Great video!! Can't go wrong with Ken and Kimo!!

EDIT: I can't stop listening to this. I need more Kimo duos!!

Last edited:
That's fantastic Ken. I had the wonderful opportunity of hanging out and jamming with Kimo for a couple hours when he was here in Phoenix. He is an amazing person and a true joy to be around. I wish he would come back, I need more work on some of the more complex things that he taught me :D

Great video!! Can't go wrong with Ken and Kimo!!

EDIT: I can't stop listening to this. I need more Kimo duos!!

Unfortunately, I didn't record any more. We have arranged to play again during the Wine Country Fest in September though. I will certainly try to get some more recordings then. The problem is that when I'm playing, I forget to record it.

That was amazing. Too much talent for just one (or two) videos. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom