Ohana specs?

redheadedali

Reaction score
My mom got me an Ohana for my birthday (on top of the Fluke my husband ordered for me - score! :) ). The model number on the inside is SK-227, but I can't find any specs online. Is anyone familiar with this model?

Thanks!

On the website, all SK models are sopranos except for something called the SK-21, which is a sopranino. Maybe you could email Ohana? The email address is <info@ohana-music.com>

My mom got me an Ohana for my birthday (on top of the Fluke my husband ordered for me - score! :) ). The model number on the inside is SK-227, but I can't find any specs online. Is anyone familiar with this model?

Thanks!

Wow, how lucky you are. This is a special edition that we recently produced. It is actually called the SK-22Z. It does not appear on our website. A few were released to shops in the US, but the remaining instruments are destined for sale in the Festival of Great Britain in Cheltenham in June.

As you know, it is a beautiful looking instrument. It has a solid spruce top and really striking zebrawood back and sides. The white binding looks terrific and really enhances the wood. The open geared tuners make it easy to get in tune. And it sounds great.

I have the remaining ones at home with me. If anyone wants one, they will be available from the Cheltenham Festival.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
*books tickets to Cheltenham*

One spec which I wish all ukulele manufacturers made readily available is simply this: neck width. Considering that the uke market is seldom in person for so many why say "Use a ruler" after a sale. These specs BTW are available thanks to people who took the time to measure neck widths and share that information.

The other is not a request for a spec but for more strumming in sound samples...even chord solo play...Why? This is more revealing about intonation and possible intonation issues as well as playability...and tonal balance.

Last edited:
Wow, I do feel lucky! :) You're right - it is a very pretty instrument, and I was struck by how easy it was to get in tune. Thanks for the info!

Wow, how lucky you are. This is a special edition that we recently produced. It is actually called the SK-22Z. It does not appear on our website. A few were released to shops in the US, but the remaining instruments are destined for sale in the Festival of Great Britain in Cheltenham in June.

As you know, it is a beautiful looking instrument. It has a solid spruce top and really striking zebrawood back and sides. The white binding looks terrific and really enhances the wood. The open geared tuners make it easy to get in tune. And it sounds great.

I have the remaining ones at home with me. If anyone wants one, they will be available from the Cheltenham Festival.

Hope this helps.

We had a pair of these at Guitar Merchant in Los Angeles. One went within a week and I actually bought the other for my sister-in-law. It is light, striking in appearance, and sounds amazing. Not too many of these floating around. You have many years of pleasure coming your way.

Hope this helps.

I figured that the "7" must have actually been a "Z".

To the original poster, enjoy your new ukuleles. The zebrawood ukes are bright and sweet sounding. A spruce top would give them more volume than the all-zebrawood models.

Top Bottom