Song Help Request Neil Young

Ukesista

Reaction score
Ok, so I did a search and found guitar chords but no uke tabs.

I reckon that songs like 'Old Man', 'Alabama', 'Heart of Gold', and 'Don't let it get you down' would be great as solo's or with intro notes. I can get the chords easily enough from chordie and they also have tabulature notes for guitar but I haven't found any tabs for the Uke.

Anyone want to take up the challenge:music:

Seeso I reckon you'd do a great job.

Last edited:
sista, I can scan some Neil Young guitar stuff for you from the book that Russ sent me if that would help any.

You would have to do a little work to get them onto your uke though.

I'm currently all about After the Gold Rush, since it's so easy to play.

oh good lord! i hope you intend to make some Neil Young uke videos so mine don't feel so lonely on the interweb. "old man" is a blast to play on guitar but i have yet to figure out a way to make it sound good on ukulele. that first chord just sounds so much better when you let it ring on a guitar.

if you're serious, i'd be down to help you figure out some of these tunes as i'm somewhat of a neil young fan. *ahem* right deach?

oh good lord! i hope you intend to make some Neil Young uke videos so mine don't feel so lonely on the interweb. "old man" is a blast to play on guitar but i have yet to figure out a way to make it sound good on ukulele. that first chord just sounds so much better when you let it ring on a guitar.

if you're serious, i'd be down to help you figure out some of these tunes as i'm somewhat of a neil young fan. *ahem* right deach?

russ, i made some videos, but I sing so badly. It's more embarassing than anything...give me some time to get comfortable and I'll have some up there with ya.

russ, i made some videos, but I sing so badly. It's more embarassing than anything...give me some time to get comfortable and I'll have some up there with ya.

dude, that's awesome! can't wait to see them Cliff. you made good on your promise to rock!:nana:

dude, that's awesome! can't wait to see them Cliff. you made good on your promise to rock!:nana:

dude, i'll always rock...i just don't know if I will ever rock well! hopefully I can figure out how to sing...cuz i'm stupid bad at it.

Russ Buss,

sure I'm serious, as I said chordie has a great range of Neil young songs, but there are no intro notes or picking notes that are in the songs. I can't quite work those out.

sorry, my comment was meant to be compliment, but guess it didn't come out that way. I've seen many of your videos on youtube and watched a live show online. I loved your version of Fire and Rain and Blackbird, I figured you would do great versions of Needle and the Damage Done, Alabama, Old Man, Ohio maybe.

My appologies if I sounded offensive.

I am happy to make video's if I can get my hands on some better equiptment of any of Neils songs that I am playing.

Russ Buss,

sure I'm serious, as I said chordie has a great range of Neil young songs, but there are no intro notes or picking notes that are in the songs. I can't quite work those out.

sorry, my comment was meant to be compliment, but guess it didn't come out that way. I've seen many of your videos on youtube and watched a live show online. I loved your version of Fire and Rain and Blackbird, I figured you would do great versions of Needle and the Damage Done, Alabama, Old Man, Ohio maybe.

I am happy to make video's if I can get my hands on some better equiptment of any of Neils songs that I am playing.

let me see what i can do. i was just about to record "old man" for youtube on guitar. but maybe i can figure out a way to play that opening chord on an uke. doesn't really sound proper with 4 strings but maybe can just fake it to get by.

meanwhile, feel free to check out my youtube channel if you want to get any ideas for other songs. so far, i've done "long may you run" on uke.

http://www.youtube.com/russbuss415

p.s. you have good taste in music.:D

let me see what i can do. i was just about to record "old man" for youtube on guitar. but maybe i can figure out a way to play that opening chord on an uke. doesn't really sound proper with 4 strings but maybe can just fake it to get by.

Well, either way you play it- I expect to see it soon! And if we're requesting Neil Young songs.... I gotta throw in Dance, Dance, Dance- my favorite Neil tune but it always gets over looked in the covers department.

Ukesista! Darn this internet! I say things from time to time - okay, all the time - that may sound like I'm being a prick, but I'm just making a joke.

I'd love to cover a Neil Young song some time. He's one of my faves. It would probably be, "After the Gold Rush," though.

after the gold rush is one of the songs I play...and it's pretty easy just chording it, even for the piano solo. Unfortunately I haven't recorded a decent sounding video, and I think that I probably won't until I get a vocal chord transplant.

Top Bottom