THANK YOU MGM! - Kala KA-MTE-C Mango Tenor =)

happyslappysoong

Reaction score
This baby made her way from Hawaii to my humble abode here in Sydney in 2 days! Amazing!
Plays as nice as she sounds. Amazing Uke, even more so in the flesh.

P170510_1558.jpg

Big kudos to MGM for great service!

Now...what should i name her? :drool:

Gee, that's pretty. MGM is the best. Go for it with your new uke. It can take it. It wants to take it. It want's to be played.

Congratulations! Beautiful top. How about a few more pics or a video. I'd love to hear it.
Regards,
Ray

Very Beautiful!
MGM is a great source.

Damn. The top is beautiful.

Go for it with your new uke. It can take it. It wants to take it. It want's to be played.

...i may just be interpretting your tone of voice wrong here...

Congratulations! Beautiful top. How about a few more pics or a video. I'd love to hear it.
Regards,
Ray

Thanks dude! I will endeavour to find time to upload some more piccies and perhaps a yt vid in the busyness of my life this week! I've named her Kailani, which i thought was a cool name, but then i realised it was Lanikai backwards =(

Thanks all! Shes a sweet instrument to play and a pleasure to look at.

I've named her Kailani, which i thought was a cool name, but then i realised it was Lanikai backwards =(
Hey nothing wrong with that, Just our subliminal advertising working the way it should! Beautiful uke, its got some tremendous figuring going on.

Happy Playing!

Beautiful uke! Gotta love them Kala's! Enjoy!

have you tried stringing it up with pro artes? sounded a lot better than aquilas on mine:)

Cliff

have you tried stringing it up with pro artes? sounded a lot better than aquilas on mine:)

Cliff

Havent tried! If Pro Artes are good enough for UU and Jake Shimabukuro, i NEED to try them! Heard mixed reviews, though!

mds725 said:
Congratulations on a beautiful ukulele! How does mango sound to you compared to other woods?

Thanks! Unfortunately i've only owned one Uke before this so my wood and tone discernment isn't the best! However, my last tenor was a Mahogany. The Mango is A LOT rounder and thicker sounding in tone, comparatively. The Mahogany sounds thinner and sharper, though that might be cos of different brand and slight different shaped instruments...

Mike is truly the shiz.

Top Bottom