PDA

View Full Version : Ohana 5 string tenor - REVIEW (PREVIEW)

Ken Middleton
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
The new Ohana 5 string tenor has been used in several of my videos. Here's my video preview.

OHANA 5 STRING (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdWTlSrep_o&feature=email)

It will be available mid to late summer. Price TBA.

JCMcGee
05-18-2010, 12:11 AM
I've got one a bit simmilar to this, it's quite a bit bigger and they've doubled up the E strings, but separated them to make it easier to play...
;-)

dirk.li
05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Interesting review, Ken! Thanks a lot. I have an Ohana 6-string tenor (TK-70-6) and I really like it.

Ken Middleton
05-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I've got one a bit simmilar to this, it's quite a bit bigger and they've doubled up the E strings, but separated them to make it easier to play...
;-)

That's interesting. What is the reasoning behind doubling the E string? Who makes this uke?

Interesting review, Ken! Thanks a lot. I have an Ohana 6-string tenor (TK-70-6) and I really like it.

Yes, our 6 string continues to sell. We have such a big catalogue, I have never actually played one myself.

Lori
05-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the preview Ken! Nicely done, as always. I can't wait to try this uke! I have been thinking of one like this for over a year, and I am glad Ohana is going to make it. Keep us updated on the progress.

–Lori

Ken Middleton
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the preview Ken! Nicely done, as always. I can't wait to try this uke! I have been thinking of one like this for over a year, and I am glad Ohana is going to make it. Keep us updated on the progress.

–Lori

ETA in the shops should be around August or September, Lori. Get your favourite Ohana dealer to order one for you to look at.

kennymelodica
05-20-2010, 03:26 AM
wow very nice indeed

Lori
05-20-2010, 05:42 AM
ETA in the shops should be around August or September, Lori. Get your favourite Ohana dealer to order one for you to look at.
I think I will. I believe the store where our local uke group meets, Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park, California carries Ohanas now. I have to figure out how to make room in my tiny apartment for one more uke! I might have to do the unthinkable... sell one! But I have time to work it out.

–Lori