For Sale: Concert Fluke, mango color model M10-160 <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukuDaily

Reaction score
I am selling my Mango Concert fluke. It is the pretty plain-Jane one with the non-rosewood fretboard and friction tuners. I am selling it because I just bought a Mainland boat paddle from fellow UUer, Provines, and I prefer the sound of it better.

As for condition, it has new Martin clear fluoros on it. I have posted some closeups of the sound board to show the three superficial and totally cosmetic flaws. The first two are impressions in the wood that haven't broken through the finish. One is about an inch long and the other is about 1/2 inch. The third blemish is an area about the size of a grain of rice that is ding'ed through the finish. None of these affect the uke's playability or sound.

I am selling it for $120 plus shipping. My son works at a parcel shop so I should be able to get you a great price on it.

I know I am a junior member here, but I think Provines will vouch for me or you can always chase me down on my ukulele website, ukuDaily.com.

Mike

BTW, I am also selling a Pono Ohai Soprano on this board.

Attachments

• fluke3..jpg
    fluke3..jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 32
  • fluke1..jpg
    fluke1..jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 60
  • fluke5..jpg
    fluke5..jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 41
  • fluke2..jpg
    fluke2..jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 53
  • fluke4..jpg
    fluke4..jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
Duuuude. Don't sell your Fluke. The decision will haunt you!

I have heard that before, but I am not too worried. Some people are fluke fanatics, some aren't. I love the idea of them. I just don't like their tone. Actually, you have one of my dream ukes, a Mainland concert mahogany with the slotted headstock. They are so sweet looking and sounding. I think one of those and a uBass would round out my collection and calm my UAS for a while.

Mike
ukuDaily.com

I got the Mainland about two months ago, and it is amazing. The matte finish is stunning. Pretty sure UAS is insatiable, but good luck keeping it at bay!

Ok, I dropped the price on this. I will go $100 plus shipping. If it doesn't go by the end of the weekend it too is headed to eBay.

Mike

You and I have been in contact about this but it seems communication has dropped off on your end. Are you still selling this? Did it already go to ebay?

Sorry. Being you were traveling and didn't sound totally interested, I waited until today to get the price (when my son was working at the parcel store). I will PM you a shipping price in a bit.

Mike

Actually, you have one of my dream ukes, a Mainland concert mahogany with the slotted headstock. They are so sweet looking and sounding. I think one of those...would round out my collection and calm my UAS for a while.

Yea, I thought that too. That lasted about 2 weeks...

LOL. You are spot on about the two weeks. I love my Mainland boat paddle, but I am already thinking, "Hmmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have something that is a bit bigger that won't dig into my forearm quite so much?"

I think I may need to find a UA group. Ukuleles Anonymous.

Mike

Yes, sorry to all of you who became interested at the last minute. It is sold. I don't feel too bad as it has been for sale for about two weeks with very little activity. Best wishes to all in your continuing quest for your own fluke.

Mike
ukuDaily.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom