Singing A Bach Prelude

Latinleaders

Reaction score
So, I been listening to a lot of Bobby McFerrin recently and decided I would learn to sing a couple of Bach preludes. They're really great for building range and intonation.

I'm currently learning two. His first prelude which is best known for the Ave Maria lyrics written by Charles Gounod. And his Cello Suite No 1.

Whereas you don't have to learn these specific two, it's worth trying out. Just make sure you do a proper warm up before though as the jumping between notes is quite tough.

Yup, and so easy to say.......

And I don't sing so I won't worry. It's very strange but Gounod's Ave Maria added one extra measure to Bach's Prelude in C major so be very careful. I was playing the original Prelude when my singer tried to sing Ave Maria and we did not finish together.......

And Bobby McFerrin sang the piano part which is much harder to do sing than the melody.

Maybe you can try Two Part Inventions - play ukulele for one voice and sing the other part. Should be fun!

Cheers
Chief

Yeah I know what you mean about the timing thing. I'm actually learning the prelude piano part that Bobby McFerrin did and it definitely is a lot tougher than the melody.

I really like your idea about the two part inventions. Will have to give that a try.

Thanks Chief
Dan

Top Bottom