New semi-custom Tenor Sceptre

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
So it's new 'ukulele day for me today! My semi-custom tenor Sceptre arrived from the factory a few minutes ago. "Semi-custom" because I wanted the older crown bridge & Papa KoAloha has switched to the new "spiky" style bridge on all of his Masterpiece collection. I asked if he would do the older style and he agreed!

Much thanks to Papa KoAloha, Paul, and Brian for all the help! You helped me complete my original KoAloha dream- a Pineapple Sunday with bowtie bridge & a Sceptre with crown bridge. I say "original KoAloha dream" because now I dream of a Juke (probably will never happen), an Imaikalani (probably my next major purchase), and -well- one of each model they make (including older round and oval soundhole models).

I love KoAloha, I love everything about this company. If that makes me a fanboy, I'm fine with that.

Attachments

• IMG_4393..jpg
    IMG_4393..jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4394..jpg
    IMG_4394..jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4389..jpg
    IMG_4389..jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4390..jpg
    IMG_4390..jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Siblings

Here is my new Sceptre with its KoAloha sibling and a group shot of my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_4396..jpg
    IMG_4396..jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4398..jpg
    IMG_4398..jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
It looks fantastic. Congratulations my friend! (And say "hey" to that Pineapple Sunday for me!)

Wow, it's lovely! It's looks both beautiful and capable of crushing skulls. Consider me properly jealous! :drool:

Wow, what beautiful instruments. I'm saving for a KoAloha. Not sure which one yet. I'd be interested to know if there is a big difference in sound between the Sceptre and the Pineapple Sunday.

Wow, what beautiful instruments. I'm saving for a KoAloha. Not sure which one yet. I'd be interested to know if there is a big difference in sound between the Sceptre and the Pineapple Sunday.

Very much so. I have owned both but no longer a PS (but am saving for a debossed one). The sceptre's volume is in a league of it's own (except that the jukulele is possibly louder imo). The PS has a sweet bell like sound that I enjoyed but not as much as I had hoped. I'll lose my house before I lose my sceptre.

I want a sceptre so bad!

Top Bottom