Beaver Creek Stratocaster Concert?

JamieFromOntario

Reaction score
I was at one of my local big-box music/instruments stores, and I ran across a uke that I had never heard of or seen before. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this model or tried it out...

It's a Beaver Creek uke, concert size, I believe. It's in the classic stratocaster shape. It seems to have a laminate top which seemed really thick to me. The sides and back looked to also be laminates; some sort of strongly banded/stripped wood, maybe rosewood. The body itself was pretty shallow (aka the distance from the sound board to the back was small) almost approaching one of the Kala thinline models. There were also some on-board electronics which seemed okay - i'm not an electronics guy and I didn't try them out either.

I fooled around on it for about five minutes and found it to be okay to play; the action is okay, a little high for my taste. The sound was rather muted and had limited sustain. It was retailing for $200 Canadian, which is way more than i'd pay for the sound. Of course, it will probably retail for like $80 USD in America(no cross-boarder-price-inequality-bitterness here).

I've searched for this uke online but can't find it even on the Beaver Creek website.

Thoughts?

Jamie

Top Bottom