Uke Evangelism Challenge (remix art reward)

Shoepixie

Reaction score
Uke Gifting Challenge

Hi there! I don't know if this should be called a challenge or campaign, but this seemed more-or-less the right forum to put it in.

A while ago, I made this viddy for the Mya-Moe 'From our Home to Yours' contest. The outpouring of support, feedback, encouragement, very sweet words was just astonishing. I kept trying to think of a way to pay that back (forward?) somehow, but it took a while. This is the idea I came up with, and I hope you come along on the ride with me. SO!

If you watch the viddy, you'll see that the song section is the 'dolly' version of me (yes, me!) wandering across various landscapes and places - many of the pictures depict well-known skylines or locations like the Steam Clock in Vancouver, BC or the clock tower in London, UK or the Needle in Seattle, USA. You can see a gallery of the images here.Since these are remix art I don't feel right selling them, but I do want them to go to a good cause. So here's the idea I came up with.

The remixed backgrounds used in the viddy are available! You can't buy them, though. Yet there is hope! You can get one by giving a ukulele to someone who doesn't have one but would like to learn to play. I don't care what sort of uke they get, although I did a little research and it looks like the Makala Dolphin is thought by many people to be a good one to start with, especially for little ones. My bias is to give ukes to kidlings, but it doesn't matter - just give someone their first uke (or first playable uke, if all they had was a touristy one) and let me know, and I'll send you one of these peices of remix art, made by me remixing various photos. You'll also get a high-quality digital scan. If you give away two or more or give someone their first nice uke, then I'll think of something more to think you; maybe a 'dolly' picture of you!

So there we go. This isn't a contest in the sense that there will be only one winner...my thought is that there will be LOTS of winners - some new art to hang in your home (personal, private use only, of course) and a new uke player in the world!

-----------

Notes:
- I would really need to thank the lovely Mya-Moe folk for encouraging me on this idea. I'd never have had the courage to do it without them! They also promised to link it, what absolute sweethearts! Give them some love.
- If you want to get some remix art and give a uke but don't know any possible recipients, nominations can just go into this thread. Of course try to give a uke to someone you know, make it personal.
- There's a gallery here but a few sample images attached.

Attachments

• WBviddy002..jpg
    WBviddy002..jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
  • WBviddy004..jpg
    WBviddy004..jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40
  • WBviddy016..jpg
    WBviddy016..jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
  • WBviddy010..jpg
    WBviddy010..jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 38
  • WBviddy012..jpg
    WBviddy012..jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Cool! Let me go first. I just bought Ebay Item #120571299038; a black Makala Dolphin for $32.00 + shipping. It'll go to one of my 2nd graders in my Sunday School class.

Rock on! Thanks so much for participating - the thought of that kid getting a new uke just makes me grin. I'll pm you about the exchange.

The newest ukulele player in the world!

Meet Christopher. The newest ukulele player in the world as of this posting. Here he is posing with his brand new Makala Dolphin Ukulele that I gave him as inspired by the beautiful Shoepixie. The old guy is me posing with my Lanikai mango concert.

Attachments

• DSCN3927..jpg
    DSCN3927..jpg
    43 KB · Views: 32
This is rad! I just gave my upstairs neighbor's kid an extra uke. His mom told me the other night that he cradles it (which is saying a lot for a little boy who usually destroys things!)

Top Bottom