Shimabukoro

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Jake is playing in San Diego Feb. 7th at Anthology. Should be fun....dinner and a show. Not sure if anyone in UU forum is from SD, but I thought I would get it out there. He seems to play a lot of gigs in Hawaii....so I don't want to miss this one here in SD.. Hey Aldrine...you ever play any shows here in SD?

shimabukuro

Google (anthology sd) for tickets. I have never been there, but looks nice. The tickets are not cheap. I think they are about $24 ea. for a dinner table on the floor area. Apparently all floor dining seats are great seats?? You can also sit up above for a bit cheaper. I would much rather pay a bit more to actually "see" him play. I went to Belly Up last time he was in town and the show was incredible, but standing room only....so I could not see what he was doing on the fretboard and strumming which is so cool to see...

Looks like Jake is playing in the LA area on February 8th. It's in Palos Verdes, so if you're in the south bay, it's real close. No info yet on the ticket prices. If anyone wants to meet up and check it out, hit me up, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go.

How much does it cost and what time is the show? I'm off class at 3 pm and I'll be going for sure from Irvine if it's doable. Anybody want to set up a meet up if any of us go?

If you get a chance to talk to Jake, be sure to let him know that you're part of Ukulele Underground. We're (Aldrine, Aaron and I) friends with him so he'll know what you're talking about. I think he's going to help us out with some stuff later on the site too.

Last edited:
If you get a chance to talk to Jake, be sure to let him know that you're part of Ukulele Underground. We're (Aldrine, Aaron and I) friends with him so he'll know what you're talking about. I think he's going to help us out with some stuff later on the site too.

will do. hopefully that will be a chance to get an even more personalized autograph on my uke.

uh oh. dilemma time...

"thefamcallsmebj" here on UU has a uke that is signed by Ekolu. thats just awesome. but thats his only uke. so he actually has to play it. thats not awesome. its already starting to fade away.

i have three main ukes that i actually use pretty much equally. not a day goes by that i play a uke, that i dont at least strum all three of them at least once. so... one side of me says that it would suck to have to actually play the uke that i get signed by people. on the other hand, i wouldnt mind getting some sort of cheapy, to be the designated autograph uke... but then again, that would be a little embarrassing IMO, knowing that i have better ukes more worthy of a great autograph.

im sure jake wouldnt even notice that he's signing a junk uke. but my own conscience would be bothering me... "you shoulda let him sign the leolani at least!!!"

crap. what do i do???

... if i even go.

there are a few here from SD...

me
bugoy
ibcruzn
mcarreon

not sure of how many more. but i would love to check it out. where is anthology??? and how much are the tickets?

i didn't know that there was that many people from SD. i thought i was the only one.. well you can add me to that list haha

Tough call on that one.... I would say have him sign the uke that you play least. The last thing you want to be thinking about while you are playing is whether or not the sig. is wearing off because of wear and tear... I have an Oscar Schmitt (spelling?) concert that I am considering having him sign that I don't use too much...

will do. hopefully that will be a chance to get an even more personalized autograph on my uke.

uh oh. dilemma time...

"thefamcallsmebj" here on UU has a uke that is signed by Ekolu. thats just awesome. but thats his only uke. so he actually has to play it. thats not awesome. its already starting to fade away.

i have three main ukes that i actually use pretty much equally. not a day goes by that i play a uke, that i dont at least strum all three of them at least once. so... one side of me says that it would suck to have to actually play the uke that i get signed by people. on the other hand, i wouldnt mind getting some sort of cheapy, to be the designated autograph uke... but then again, that would be a little embarrassing IMO, knowing that i have better ukes more worthy of a great autograph.

im sure jake wouldnt even notice that he's signing a junk uke. but my own conscience would be bothering me... "you shoulda let him sign the leolani at least!!!"

crap. what do i do???

... if i even go.

yes i do have my uke signed by ekolu..
and yes i do play it....
and yes i am planning on getting a new one when i go to hawaii in april....
but i want jake to sign my uke!!!
are we gunna go nuke?

hahaha i play them all equally.

im still not sure if im gonna go yet. i cant pay for the tickets till i get my new credit card in the mail (long story). and im trying to secure a date for that night... just to make it perfect.

bj, just because you have long hair, you cant be my date. sorry bro.

hahaha i play them all equally.

im still not sure if im gonna go yet. i cant pay for the tickets till i get my new credit card in the mail (long story). and im trying to secure a date for that night... just to make it perfect.

bj, just because you have long hair, you cant be my date. sorry bro.

nice one buddy...

Heres Jake's full tour schedule for the upcoming months

2008 West & East Coast Tour Information

February 4th @ Dimitrious Jazz Alley - Seattle, WA

February 6th @ Aladin Theater - Portland, OR

February 7th @ Anthology - San Diego, CA

February 8th @ Harlyne J. Norris Pavillion - Rolling Hills Estate, CA

February 14th @ Ramshead On Stage - Annapolis, MD

February 16th @ Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis, MD

February 17th @ DAR Constitution Hall - Washington, DC

February 18th @ Highline Ballroom - New York, NY

2008 Australia Tour Information

March 7th @ Port Fairy Folk Festival

March 12th @ Northcote Social Club

March 13th @ Sydney Opera House

March 14th @ Lizotte

March 15th @ Blue Mountain Fest

March 18th @ Bellingen Memorial Hall

March 19th @ Brisbane Powerhouse

March 20th @ Joe's Waterhole

March 21st @ East Coast Blus & Roots Fest

He's also going to be on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on February 19 2008 so please mark that on your calendars and be sure to tune in to watch our buddy.

Top Bottom