MGM to be at Northridge Hoolaulea june 5th and 6th

MGM

Reaction score
If you want a chance to play a wide variety of ukuleles in the Northridge California area i will have a large booth this June 5th and 6th at the Northridge Hoolaulea...a two day event held at 10058 Reseda Blvd in Northridge California..Come by and say hello

heres a link http://alohaworld.com/events/details/328-northridge-hoolaulea

Last edited:
If for some reason I don't decide last minute to head to Indiana for UWC, I'll definitely stop by and say hi in Northridge.

Hey, I am near Northridge! I will definitely be there. I wanted to get a booth for my "Uke Leash" but never got a return email on the subject. I figured the booths were all filled already. Are you bringing some KoAlohas and Kanile'as to tempt me? I am especially interested in long neck sopranos.

–Lori

Harold, maybe our uke group should take a field trip...

Will I find dashboard hula girls there?

Last edited:
I was really tempted by the MGM booth at the last Cerritos Uke Festival...
I dont know if I will be able to resist another round of temptation like that.
The Northridge Hawaiian Festival is not as uke specific as the Cerritos one... in fact with all the other distractions, in the past, it was really easy to miss any uke specific booths... but I have no doubts that having MGM's booth overflowing with tasty ukes will make this year's event different... and expensive for me.

Hey, I am near Northridge! I will definitely be there. I wanted to get a booth for my "Uke Leash" but never got a return email on the subject. I figured the booths were all filled already. Are you bringing some KoAlohas and Kanile'as to tempt me? I am especially interested in long neck sopranos.

–Lori

Michael had a long neck Kanile'a soprano on his eBay store the other day (may still be there). Oooooh. It was so purty. I had to take a cold shower...

Well I made it and I scored both a dashboard hula girl and an Ohana sopranino (from MGM) at the festival. There was some excellent Hawaiian dancing on the stage and lots of jewelry and crafts in addition to MGM's ukes.

There were also rides and food so it is a great place to take the whole family

Well I made it and I scored both a dashboard hula girl and an Ohana sopranino (from MGM) at the festival. There was some excellent Hawaiian dancing on the stage and lots of jewelry and crafts in addition to MGM's ukes.

There were also rides and food so it is a great place to take the whole family

I ended up going and getting the KoAloha Super Concert I've been fiending for. My mainland has a new friend. I hope they get along.

How was the parking situation? Is it pretty easy to find a spot?

I didn't have a problem finding a spot. I was only there about an hour or hour and a half. It had a small community feel to it and there were some cute performances. Lots of families. Oh yeah, and it was freaking hot.

Wickedwahine, do you have a strap button on your Kanile'a? I really want to put one on my KoAloha but I'm scared to do it.

I didn't have a problem finding a spot. I was only there about an hour or hour and a half. It had a small community feel to it and there were some cute performances. Lots of families. Oh yeah, and it was freaking hot.

Wickedwahine, do you have a strap button on your Kanile'a? I really want to put one on my KoAloha but I'm scared to do it.

Yeah, I figured it would be hella hot. I used to work in Northridge and the heat was crazy out there. I think if I go tomorrow I will try to get there when they open so it isn't quite so hot.

I do have a strap button on my Kanile'a (I had Joe Souza install it for me at their factory after I purchased it and brought it back to Oahu on a trip). For my Kamaka, I have an input jack which functions as a strap button. I know how you feel though, I'm way too terrified to put a strap button on my KoAloha so I use Lori's uke leash instead.

I ended up going and getting the KoAloha Super Concert I've been fiending for. My mainland has a new friend. I hope they get along.

:drool: I had my eyes on it and wanted to play it but no one was touching the ukes. Good thing u picked it up because i would have. My lady gave me the look so I may end up going back solo tomorrow and see whats left over. I ended up going to the shaved ice line instead. Took thirty minutes but well worth it.

How was the parking situation? Is it pretty easy to find a spot?
I made it there by about 11 am, and no problem parking. There was a sign that said $2 for parking, but nobody collected any money. There was plenty of parking, but you had to do a little off road driving to get to it. It was under the power line towers, and the ground is pretty bumpy. But, it was close to the event, and ended up being free. Bring a hat. The Shave Ice I had was disappointing. More like a snow cone than a shave ice. Maybe one of the other vendors was closer to the real thing (I went to one near the carnival end of things). I resisted buying ukes, but got 2 sets of Aquilas from MGM.
–Lori

My wife and I made it. We took the dog and it was fun. A bit hot, but there was shade to be found. The shaved ice was so so, but still refreshing on a hot SF Valley day. MGM had a busy tent. I saw Lori there and the entertainment was terrific with 2 stages. Good aloha everywhere. I won't say what I left MGM's tent with, but it was the size of a tenor uke and the headstock was pointy. I let my wife pick it for me since she has to listen to it. She done good.

Last edited:
I missed you guys at the event, but I was there both days. Showed up early the first day, then again that afternoon, then again late Sunday. Mike and Heidi were doing pretty good business most of the time. Neat folks, stereotypical Hawaiian approach to things. It felt like we've known each other a long time. Next Sunday will be a show and tell day...

They were kind enough to put our ukulele gathering flyer out on the table. They went fast. All in all, a good couple of days.

Sorry to have missed you Harold. I saw your flyers next to that nice vintage koa tenor MGM had.

Top Bottom