Anyone want to start a jam in Alberta? (Specifically Edmonton area?)

Vindelanda

Reaction score
Hello there!
Are there any UU-ers out there in the Edmonton area that would like to start a jam? I was thinking perhaps monthly to start. I bet we could rent out a room in one of the libraries, or maybe there would be a music store that would be willing to host us. I haven't looked into it yet, but if there's some interest, I'll start hunting.
I'm not a particularly advanced player, but I can try my best to lead a few songs etc.
Anyone?

Delighted to see this post! I am very interested in ukulele jamming with players in the Edmonton area. Hopefully there are others interested. Please post details on further plans, contact, etc.

I've sent you a PM! Glad to see that there are in fact other ukulele players in Edmonton! :D

I also live in Edmonton, and I'm dying for someone to play with! Well not actually dying, but you know what I mean.

Have you two figured anything out. If you could pm me some details that would be great!

How can we get all interested parties together and plan a (monthly?) circle? We need a leader though - Vindelanda?

Sorry about not keeping up with this thread! I haven't been on this forum in a while.
I'm happy to organize this, but I'm also totally fine with it if other people want to help organize/lead too.
I have a bunch of friends that I've managed to indoctrinate-er, share the joy of ukulele with, and Diane M was saying that she had some friends that would be interested too. This brings us to at least 12 people, and I haven't tried advertising this outside of UU. I taught ukulele at a music studio briefly, and a lot of the students there would probably be interested.
So hooray! This looks like it could easily be a go. My only issue now is trying to find a venue. I'd rather it was not a pub or a bar, but other than that, I'm pretty open to most places. Any ideas?

I am a wanna be Ukulele player...my husband a friend and our son are all very enthusiastic beginners. We know of circles in other areas and everyone has such a good time and learn a lot from each other. I will check out some venues and get back to this forum asap. Would be nice to have a meeting with all initial possible participants to see where we are at before making any commitment to a venue. Any comments?

Hello,

I am still very interested in participating in an Edmonton ukulele circle. How is it going with leads for a location? I may have a lead on a location in Sherwood Park??? Would this be a location people may be interested in???

There seems to have been no progress so far, and although the location you have in mind is a little out of my way I'd be willing to go just to get this thing started.

Hello,

The lead I had on a location has not turned out. I will continue to look out for location. Hope others looking for location have been more successful as very keen to see an Edmonton uke circle. Will continue to check back to keep in loop on this.

I'l come and can bring a couple of others. FYI We're all beginners

Edmonton's First Ukulele Circle - May 15/11 3:30-4:30

Please join us for our first Ukulele Circle. We would like to see as many Uke players come out to play as possible. All levels of ability welcome. Maybe after some fun stummin", we can discuss how/when we can get together on a regular basis This is an awesome venue.

See brlow more info:

Organizational meeting of Edmonton’s Own Ukelele Circle

Sunday May 15th 2011 3.30PM - 4.30PM

Bogani Café 2023 - 111st Edmonton

Bring your UKE
Bring your friends and family
Have a coffee AND

Come and play and sing

Music to play from will be provided.

Circle led by the esteemed Ukelele player, performer, teacher GARY MYERS

COST $5.00 per Uke player

The first meeting of the Edmonton "River City" Ukulele Circle was very successful. Seven players attended and were led by Gary Myers an accomplished Ukulele musician. We have planned to meet again June 5th at 3:30 Sunday May 15th 2011 3.30PM - 4.30PM

Bogani Café 2023 - 111st Edmonton

Bring your UKE
Bring your friends and family
Have a coffee AND

Come and play and sing

COST $5.00 per Uke player

Second meeting of the Edmonton "River City" Ukulele Circle. June 5th at 3:30 pm. Bring a friend, bring a family member, have coffe and lets have fun together. Edmonton needs a Ukulele circle. Gary Myers is our leader and is a very accomplished musician who knows how ro have fun. $5 per Ukulele player.

We meet at the Bogani Cafe - located in the Sobey's shopping centre on 23 ave and about 111 street. (on the south side of 23 ave)

Edmonton's Ukulele Circle

We're planning to start up again in September...... last Sunday of the month at Bogani's. Our circle is growing so hope to see you there!

I also live in Edmonton it's awesome to finally find other people that share the same passion for the uke as I do.

Top Bottom