PDA

View Full Version : Cutaway Soprano

Ser-T-Fide
05-23-2010, 01:28 PM
i've started playing my soprano again, ohana sk35g. i like the 15 frets, but would really think a cutaway would be perfect.

does anyone know of a 15 fret, cutaway soprano???

bt93
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
there was a limited edition one mgm had for sale a while ago but i haven't seen one since. i would call up his shop and ask him because he probably doesn't have everything in his whole store online.

dnewton2
05-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I think I saw one of the builders that fequent the Luithers lounge buid one. I also think I remeber seeing a Kala one a while back, but it was a limited run, not sure it was Kala but I think it was. Cut-away sopranos are definatly pretty rare. You will probably have to have one built or do some serious searching. Might try asking MGM about them. Good luck with the search.

Ser-T-Fide
05-23-2010, 02:09 PM
thanks guys, i'll give mike a shot

Sambient
05-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Don't know of a solid one. The Mahalo Les Paul and Tele styles obviously have cutaways. I know plenty of folks here rag on Mahalo, but I adore my Les Paul's sound.

FourChordWonder
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Those Mahalo Les Paul ukes are pretty sweet looking and they don't sound too bad with a little distortion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CkiGcwUgRc) either. If I was in the market for a new soprano I'd probably get one.