My new Uke =]

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
.... actually, its a capo :D got it off fleamarketmusic.com because it was like $3 and you never know.

DSCF0782-1.jpg

thats everything that came with it :D

DSCF0785.jpg

and then the capo itself.. and the sticker...

just thought every1 would like to now haha =)

hahaha! new accessories for you uke are almost as fun as a new uke! remember playing with action figures?... the action figure was just step one. After that you had to buy vehicles, weapons kits, sidekicks (and their accessories)... BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!

Last edited:
i was always curious about those Bill Russel capos. have you tried it yet, plainsong?

Old fashioned capo!
They're cool lookin' but I find my spring-powered one (kung-fu hand sold separately) easier to use.

I bought one of those capos like 4 years ago...I keep it in my gigbag, but I've never actually used it...haha

I tried to use it once and it got the job done, but it kinda gets in the way so now days I don't even bother

duley noted. haha

I don't have the capo, just the sticker. You'll have to ask the OP what he thinks about the capo. ;) I probably should pick one up if I ever actually plan to sing with the uke. So many of my favorite tunes are meant for male voices, and I don't wanna do a straight octave up because the song will suddenly sound more serious than it is.

ah man! i was excited to see a new uke lol.

capos are cool too!

:rock:

woo

Man, Matthew what an operation to get that all the way from the States! I could have sent you that capo and the sticker, hihi!

Anyway, there was a thread already on the forum about capos. As I work in a shop I have the opportunity to try them all. Briefly, my evaluation on the most common ones:

Dunlop spring capo: reliable, but people often say they're in the way as the 'clamp handles' (can't find a better word) are on the back of the neck.

Kyser spring capo: easy to use, not in the way (clamps from the top) but doesn't look so pretty

Schubb: easy to use, but not as easy as the above, but still allows quick changes, nice looking and not in the way

But Matthew found one of the cheapest, haha! The Bill Harris works fine, but is not particularly handy for quick changes. And over time the elastic will stretch... and really, I only find these capos on old banjo cases these days :p

Mind you, the BH is a 10th of the price, so you can't have it all. I don't use a capo, but I would go for the Schubb myself.

Man, Matthew what an operation to get that all the way from the States! I could have sent you that capo and the sticker, hihi!

Anyway, there was a thread already on the forum about capos. As I work in a shop I have the opportunity to try them all. Briefly, my evaluation on the most common ones:

Dunlop spring capo: reliable, but people often say they're in the way as the 'clamp handles' (can't find a better word) are on the back of the neck.

Kyser spring capo: easy to use, not in the way (clamps from the top) but doesn't look so pretty

Schubb: easy to use, but not as easy as the above, but still allows quick changes, nice looking and not in the way

But Matthew found one of the cheapest, haha! The Bill Harris works fine, but is not particularly handy for quick changes. And over time the elastic will stretch... and really, I only find these capos on old banjo cases these days :p

Mind you, the BH is a 10th of the price, so you can't have it all. I don't use a capo, but I would go for the Schubb myself.

hahaha ooops sorry i was searching through there site and it was like $3 hahaha :D sorry :(

Since I am from the snowy north I have decided I NEED that snowfluke. I see that you made your post about a week ago when you recieved the capo, and if that was a pack in I'm hoping that the snowfluke is still available. I'm having a real hard time locating anyone who has one for sale though, including Elderly, but they have it listed as no longer available. Does anyone have any info on where I might find one, or the fluke/flea company website?

Any info is much appreciated.

Back to the capo - I got a Shubb capo a week or so ago as a birthday present and it's great for shifting up a key or so when I want to sing along - like plainsong says, some of the songs around are too low for a female voice (or my voice, anyway). Shubbs are a bit on the dear side, being around £14-£15 here in the UK but it made a lovely gift. (I believe it came from a music shop in Preston, Lancs, for the UK members.)

Yea I talked to them today and they have soundboards that I can get made into ukes but it's a little pricey. If I'd only known about these when they were in normal production I could have picked one up from elderly for $169 but it's going to cost $240 now to get one put together as a "designer" fluke. Thanks for the links BTW.

Hey, these SnowFlukes were always desinger ukes - anything that's not a plain Flea or Fluke (except for Koa) is a designer uke and therefore more expensive. I have a catalogue from Fleamarket music from a while back announcing that SnowFluke and this tenor was listed for $239. So no difference in price there!

What style capo should I buy when using these brands? Banjo or mandolin?

Top Bottom