Can they fix this? A Bob the Builder based lament on uke

MikeTodd

Reaction score
Hello there

this was inspired by over-hearing someone in the supermarket talking about a couple called Wendy & Bob. That reminded me of the non-couple couple in Bob the Builder which I used to watch with my eldest son about 10 years ago. As we'd sit there watching this endlessly looped video I would start to wonder why Wendy & Bob weren't together - they were perfect for one another. So this is imagining them coming to terms with how they feel. There should be more cartoon based songs - Peter Perfect gets done for driving drunk, Charlie Brown and Lucy's messy divorce, Top Cat worries about his trip to the vets...

Thanks for looking
Mike

I really, really enjoyed this tune a lot. I thought Nick Lowe, Squeeze, Kinks, .... classic British pop music to my ears. Thanks!

Very nice! It was rather Squeeze-like.... also reminded me of someone else but I can't quite put my finger on it. Great job!

That was really cute. I can see the song applying to Handy Manny and Kelly too. (US based kids show)
So much sexual tension.* lol

*Yes, I obviously watch too much children's television. XD

Yeh I watched Handy Manny with my niece and thought there was something in the air there as well.

All these Squeeze references are spoiling me. Thanks Chris.

Mike

Top Bottom