So He Said...

AC Baltimore

Reaction score
I was in Guitar Center trying out a Fender uke today. Some dude wanking a guitar says "can't handle six strings huh". I responded with "yeah but I only need four to out play that crap". He did not respond lol.

Nice return!!!!!! :):):)

I don't think I would have thought as something as clever as all that. Good job defending the uke!

It sounds like "Guitar Guy" couldn't handle six strings to begin with...lol.:D

It sounds like "Guitar Guy" couldn't handle six strings to begin with...lol.:D

yea what a chump. The way I pictured it in my head, he was completely defeated after your comeback and will walk around with slouched shoulders for the remainder of the day....:D

lol he was a stereotypical failed rockstar in his late 30s. If you have ever been in a GC you know the type. I didn't feel the need to tell him I played guitar 20 years before I touched a uke. People like that are clueless and closed minded.

lol he was a stereotypical failed rockstar in his late 30s. If you have ever been in a GC you know the type. I didn't feel the need to tell him I played guitar 20 years before I touched a uke. People like that are clueless and closed minded.

Amen brother. I know the type...

Although I could never play guitar, I laugh at people who smirk at me when I go there to buy strings or something for my uke. I took a uke there to try out some small amps once and got a bunch of weird looks. Whatever. Screw them...

Great reply AC He surely left a little ashamed of his rudeness. You should carry an Iphone video of Jake, or James Hill, or Aldrine playing something cool to show him what 4 strings can do. No longer a toy as so many have thought for so many years. Right on man. Lozark

Funny... when I bought my new Parkwood guitar, I was there talking with a few guys about ukulele and they were all guitarists but really curious about whether the uke would be easy to learn. I played a couple of George Harrison tunes and a couple Clapton Unplugged on the uke.

Top Bottom