Ukulele last night on the Bachelorette

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
The show is still cheesy (and I won't watch it), but the ukulele ads some credibility.

Why does everyone decide to go on these big national shows with Oscar Schmidts? I don't get it.

There was also one on the "Aloha to Lost" episode of Jimmy Kimmel. The band leader was playing a Fluke. Funny story, I was watching the episode in bed and they showed the band leader & I saw his Fluke. I said "That's a Fluke!" My wife said "What's a fluke?" I said "that is;" she said "What do you mean- that they couldn't play that song again?" So I had to educate her about Flukes & Fleas. :) It was a personal "Who's on First?" moment.

Why does everyone decide to go on these big national shows with Oscar Schmidts? I don't get it.

Probably because they're cheap ukes and folks are uneducated about the variety of awesome ukes in the same/similar price range (like I was when I first bought mine). There was a guy on some other short-lived dating show who played a Lanikai.

My mother called me out of my room to see the guy ("Come on, hurry up, it's just like yours!") and I just rolled my eyes at it ("No, it's not 'just like' any of the ones I have, Ma. Geez.") and walked away. Then I brought out my ukes and started pointing out all the differences, and defended my Ohana when she said, "That's not an instrument; that's a toy. It's a Smurf guitar." Oy.

I think ukuleles are the new guitars in terms of "charm factor". Next we'll be seeing John Cusack playing a ukulele outside some woman's bedroom window in a modern, middle-aged rehashing of "Say Anything".

Cusack better be playing Ain't Misbehavin on it. I just learned that on my Sopranino, and it sounds great!

I like the implication that Romeo played a ukulele. Why didn't I ever learn that in high school english class?

This reminds me just a tiny bit of when they had the "aspie girl" on America's top model...except she was on the show for several weeks...

I like the implication that Romeo played a ukulele. Why didn't I ever learn that in high school english class?

Obviously, the educational system is part of the great conspiracy to keep the ukers down, man. Woody Guthrie even wrote a song about that, but you won't find it anywhere because it's been shredded, burned and tossed out to the sea.

...I am not at liberty to divulge my sources. But it's true!

Top Bottom