Mini amp on eBay

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Wish I could better understand what he's saying. My hearing isn't what it once was, and his English is pretty heavily accented....

I've heard that the little Danelectro Honeytone amps are excellent for the money ($19.95 +$5 shipping from Amazon.com) - Google around and I'm sure you'll see lots of good reviews about it (prob here on UU as well). Runs on 9V battery, or optional AC wall adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Danelectro-HoneyTone-Amplifier-Nifty-Aqua/dp/B000B6DHAS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1274838910&sr=8-2

51H%2BdhuyRfL._SS400_.jpg

Last edited:
If you are patient and look around you can find used Roland Micro Cubes for $40-50.
Great little amp and very versatile. I recently picked one up of Craigs List, local no shipping, and I got to see it before I paid my $40.
IMHO, much better than the HoneyTone.

I had one of these once.. Came with the first guitar I ever had. A Danelectro Hodad. It's a very good little amp for the money.

Sure does look cool. I have a HoneyTone, it is decent for the price and convenience. It is just hard to get a decent clean tone, pretty much every setting has some dirt in it.

Any chance at all that this could be worth the risk?
Philip brought some amps that looked just like those to winter NAMM and I really liked them. We didn't bring them in for some reason that I can't remember, but I did like the amp a lot for its size. I've also heard a lot of really good things about the roland too.

If you are patient and look around you can find used Roland Micro Cubes for $40-50.

I've not gotten so lucky so I finally succumbed yesterday and bought a US Blues 4 watt mini amp. Nothing near a cube but has a good look. It would have been better looking if I could have swung the tweed one, but I got the black one for much less moolah.
I think as far as small portable amps go though, the Micro Cubes are really the gold standard. Unfortunately sellers are starting to recognize this which is why they cost more than they did a few months ago and there doesn't seem to be the wiggle room to get a deal on them.

Top Bottom