Ukes in Today's New York Times

The band 'Allo Darlin' was mentioned, they cover the Ramones and do an original tune about Henry Rollins. The lead singer plays uke. Pretty good pop.
I LOVE pop!

The band 'Allo Darlin' was mentioned, they cover the Ramones and do an original tune about Henry Rollins. The lead singer plays uke. Pretty good pop.
I LOVE pop!

I'm checking them out now. I love GOOD pop. This just might qualify.

Is that a Kala Travel Soprano she is playing in the photo? I've not seen one in person, but it looks like the pics I've seen, and it seems to be pretty thin.

Is that a Kala Travel Soprano she is playing in the photo? I've not seen one in person, but it looks like the pics I've seen, and it seems to be pretty thin.
Don't think so. The neck on my travel soprano doesn't reach the sound hole.

If you are digging the good pop, you must see the video/song posted "Bob the Builder".
I was very impressed.

Don't think so. The neck on my travel soprano doesn't reach the sound hole.

I just saw a Kala Travel Concert on MGM's site and the fingerboard on that one DOES go to the soundhole, so maybe that's what it is? It does look thin...

I just saw a Kala Travel Concert on MGM's site and the fingerboard on that one DOES go to the soundhole, so maybe that's what it is? It does look thin...
Cool. I think I have one of the first few out. And even though I thought mine was solid spruce top and laminate sides and back I think mine is also solid mahogany on sides and back. At close inspection it seems as though the wood grain runs the same inside and out. My other laminates run perpendicular inside and out. Is that a forgone conclusion as to whether something is solid or laminate?

I just noticed you said concert in your post...still my question needs an answer if anyone cares to chime in...

Last edited:
Top Bottom