f;luke flea solid body electrics out in July

MGM

Reaction score
A concert and tenor model of solid body electric ukulele with the latest b band electronics to be released in July. made form Various New England exotic hardwooods.... Now you can get a made in USA solidbody ukulele

Glad to hear this is going to see production! I played the prototype solidbody Fluke at NY Uke Fest and really, really liked it.

Are they the same shapes as the acoustic Fluke and Flea? And here I just bought a Flea a few weeks ago... dang.

Do they have a headphone jack?

anyone have pics of these prototypes? is the shape like an eleuke or more like the koolau solid body electric? sounds awesome.

A concert and tenor model of solid body electric ukulele with the latest b band electronics to be released in July. made form Various New England exotic hardwooods.... Now you can get a made in USA solidbody ukulele
Pictures, Mike ,we need pictures!
I've been seriously wrestling with getting a Risa Les-Paul style, but the price has put me off. This might be what I'm looking for. But where can we read the details, see the pics?

Solid electric ukes IMO are the way to go...

well it appears as though Jupiter creeks isn't taking orders currently.
In fact, they link to Risa on their webpage for those looking for steel-string electrics, lol.

Is there any reason why most of these folks making electric ukes aren't making hollowbody or semi-hollows?

There is a lot more labor involved in making a hollow body. The others are basically just flat boards with fancy shapes with tuners and pickups - very cheap to make.

Last edited:
Or maybe a re-entrant tuned 4-string Epiphone Mandobird?

The Mandobird fretboard is a good deal narrower than an ukulele fretboard. I'm actually thinking of selling mine because of this and getting a Jupiter Creek or Risa (or waiting for the steel-string Eleuke to come out).

All these enticing hints of new eleuke's & solid body flukes, but never any pics...
Here are some pics
Looks pretty nice to me! Definitely a nice take on the body shape. Price seems to average around the $400 mark
S.

Last edited:
Top Bottom