My first CBU

Tikas

Reaction score
This is my first CBU, and the first time I have ever attempted anything like this. Not quite right, but sounds good. Now I want to build more complex Ukes!
Pictures (Click Thumbnail to enlarge):

any feedback appreciated
Hatsam

I like your headstock. Actually, I really like the look of your whole neck.

Now that looks like a home built CBU. I like the rustic look of the neck with knots and all, in my last uke I intentionally cut a simple end graft from walnut with a small knot in it and I don't care what anyone says about it, unless they like it lol. What scale is that? I like the way the neck looks all rustic n stuff then looking at the strings to the fretboard they look lined up very nicely, like it probably plays pretty well. I've been using my Romeo and Julietta for a parts box, think now I'm gonna have to slap another CBU together. Great job!

Love it, love it, love it!

Now THAT is how you do rustic! *grin*

Love the head, too!

Good work!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, the scale size is standard/soprano. I like using woods with character, it gives the peice character too. I also wanted to make a unique style headstock.... next time I might make the same shape just bigger, as i can't fit my tuner on it too well! But you learn through experience... on with the next build!

Top Bottom