craig nelson plays uke

lozarkman

Reaction score
Did anyone see Parenthood last night when at the end Craig nelson pulled out a uke from his duffel bag and sang I'm into something good to his wife. Nice to see national coverage on an instrument we all love. He is no virtuoso on the uke or voice, but still it was very nice. My local music store just started carrying the Kala line of ukes with nice selection. There seems to be an explosion of "OUR INSTRUMENT" across the country, even the NY Times. Happy strumming and picking! Lozark

That's fantastic! I love how the uke is getting more and more popular.

Looks like a concert to me. It's a spruce top with a little bling...it's not a Kala, wrong fret markers....can anyone ID the uke? I obsess over things like this ;)

Oscar Schmidt, maybe? I can't see the headstock from that photo. Oh! Or maybe a Samick. I've seen models by both those brands that resemble this. Heck, for all I know, O.S. and Samick might be built in the same factory. They look pretty similar to me.

Ok, I just watched the video. Not an Oscar Schmidt or a Samick, but something similar, perhaps. I couldn't recognize the name on the headstock. Spruce top, possibly rosewood back and sides, abalone rosette. Not a bad looking uke, AND it's on TV!
Now this is bugging me... the actress playing his wife is VERY familiar. What's her name? I know I could google the show, but meh... I'm not THAT interested, lol.

Ok, I got off my lazy butt and looked it up. No wonder she was familiar! Bonnie Bedelia. "Die Hard", et al... Duh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom