Chris Mathews makes a uke joke!

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
I have to say first off that I like Chris Mathews' no-nonsense approach on his "Hardball" show on MSNBC, but I frequently find myself scratching my head at some of his comments. Today, while discussing Obama's adept handling of a heckler, he said, "This president plays hecklers like a ukulele."

He obviously meant it as a compliment, so I guess he means it must be really easy to play the uke. I guess he's never seen thejumpingflea play, or Dominator, or Little6ster, or Aldrine, or Seeso, or Sukie, or... (fill in your fav)

here it is http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697#37365051

Whatever, Chris... :nana:

I dunno if it implies the uke is an easy instrument. He plays them like [x], x being any instrument, speaks more to the president's ability as a player as versus the instrument's ease of use.

"The president plays heckelers like a piano" works just as well, e.g. they're predictable and can be taken down handily because the president is so good a player.

yhst-73808509455687_2103_23935779

I dunno if it implies the uke is an easy instrument. He plays them like [x], x being any instrument, speaks more to the president's ability as a player as versus the instrument's ease of use.

"The president plays heckelers like a piano" works just as well, e.g. they're predictable and can be taken down handily because the president is so good a player.
Yeah. That makes sense. Like "He played that guy like a fiddle" if it was Bush, but since he's Hawaiian it's a uke.

Top Bottom