319407645.jpg

and this arrives:

319407472.jpg

319407467.jpg

319407470.jpg

continued....

319407474.jpg

319407475.jpg

A 15 year old Soprano Kamaka!!! Sounds awesome! Rings nicely. Nice and loud. and only a couple 'character' marks.

The only thing I don't like:
319407465.jpg

Should I change these out or leave it original?

Freakin' A! Bet you forgot all about the plantains, huh? So, lemme guess...you're Deaching this to someone???

VERY NICE!!! Hmmm... Tough call about the tuners, what were you thinking of replacing them with?

VERY NICE!!! Hmmm... Tough call about the tuners, what were you thinking of replacing them with?

Not sure, probably geared friction tuners.

Well they definetly have a nice aged look to them, it might look weird if you switch them out. I really like the shape of the body, btw.

Hey Deach, for using my username to substitute for "deaching" without my expressed written consent, you must send the Kamaka to me! Hahaha!:D

In regards to those tuners, I'd keep it original if they work. I know those Schallers aren't the greatest, but it's probably better to keep the instrument original, I think.

Hey Deach, for using my username to substitute for "deaching" without my expressed written consent, you must send the Kamaka to me! Hahaha!:D

LMAO!!! Ok, but I'm watching your posts like a hawk now. You have far more to lose...

In regards to those tuners, I'd keep it original if they work. I know those Schallers aren't the greatest, but it's probably better to keep the instrument original, I think.

They work, I guess I'm just not used to them. They very difficult to turn and since they're 1:1, tuning isn't fun.

omg ive never had the food that you were cooking.

im used to corn and milk straight from the cow.

ive barely ever had tropical food

(drools)

Deach...your new uke!!! congrats!!!!!
btw..i like the tuners (very vintage)
in mexico we put some cream and cheese on the plantains!!! deli!! ;)

omg ive never had the food that you were cooking.

im used to corn and milk straight from the cow.

ive barely ever had tropical food

(drools)

You get corn from cows? Cool! Is it true chocolate milk comes from brown cows? PM me your address and I'll send you some plantains and directions on to cook them.

in mexico we put some cream and cheese on the plantains!!! deli!! ;)

I've had that a few times but I love them plain. Sometimes I'll throw an unripe one in the microwave. Slit it open when it's done and eat it straight out of the skin.

LOL i was only referring to how in pennsylvania a regular meal is corn and milk. and you have to squeeze your own milk and pick your own corn

and of course chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

everyone knows that.

lol

:p

Hey Deach, as far as those tuners go....

I think it might depend on what your plan is for that uke. If it's going to be an every day player, you might get sick of messing with those tuners. I have them on my older Maui Music uke and I really don't like them. I think I'm going to change them because I play the hell out of it; I don't really care what happens to the resale value (although I don't think a nice set of geared tuners hurts it that much).

If it's going to be one of many in your collection, and you're going to play it once in a while, you should probably keep it as is to keep it 'all original'.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Congrats though! Nice gift.

Top Bottom