Kate + 8...uh huh...

specialmike

Reaction score
Am I the only person in the world who thinks that woman needs to be hit with a really big car?

Am I the only person in the world who thinks that woman needs to be hit with a really big car?

i never liked either one of them. they both seemed like not the best parents.

I don't even watch the show and I can't stand her. I saw her on Dancing with the stars and well... she's a terrible person.

Really? And orphan those kids? I guess you have no idea what it cost to take care of kids. Props to her for doing what she has to do to provide for her kids and not rely on welfare or the government.

She is definitely compensated very well for her various television endeavors. As long as she/they don't do anything stupid, those kids should be set.

Really? And orphan those kids? I guess you have no idea what it cost to take care of kids. Props to her for doing what she has to do to provide for her kids and not rely on welfare or the government.

you and I never seem to see eye to eye ... Oh well.

I can't stand her, but I like Jon even less. But I admittedly have a real soft spot for cute little Aaden (the one in the glasses).
Aaden.jpg

I found their original show oddly fascinating. There were moments when I thought both Jon and her could have handled things better, but what do I know...I've never raised one kid, never mind 8. It's one of those shows I'm not really sure why I enjoy watching, but when I heard Kate+8 was happening, I was actually kind of intrigued. I wonder how she got around the court order from Jon that prevents their kids from being on TV. (Or at least that's what I understood it to be.)

I can't stand her, but I like Jon even less. But I admittedly have a real soft spot for cute little Aaden

yeah, me too.

I found their original show oddly fascinating. There were moments when I thought both Jon and her could have handled things better, but what do I know...I've never raised one kid, never mind 8. It's one of those shows I'm not really sure why I enjoy watching, but when I heard Kate+8 was happening, I was actually kind of intrigued. I wonder how she got around the court order from Jon that prevents their kids from being on TV. (Or at least that's what I understood it to be.)

Not entirely sure exactly how she did it. But I dont' know whether Jon's court order said just that either.... but the thing is, this show has tore the family apart, wouldn't you say? I'd like to think it wasn't all Jon's fault... but rather both of the parent's fault.

The thing is, why in the world would you take the show foward after these recent incidents? She even said herself that one of her kids called one of the babysitters, "mom".Would you consider taking a show forward if you had your ... offspring call someone else your position?

Just take all of her glam away, all of her money, and let's see if she would still do the show. I never thought of her as the star of the show... nor did I think Jon was either. I watched for the children really... but after all that crap, what was the point. And I don't get why anyone who likes her, actually likes her. I mean, she's not super mom, she's got a "super team" of "super baby-sitters"...

^Yeah, what you said makes a lot of sense. I agree that it does seem that babysitters are doing a lot of the work now. I think when they first started it was really just the two of them coping and I liked them a lot better then, but now it seems that it's turned into "stardom" and Kate being away a lot.
I thought part of the reason the show ended was also because they thought (or at least Jon thought) it would be better for their kids and less stress on the family (and I think perhaps they should have ended it sooner).
I dunno if it's the best thing for the kids to be starting it again, but I did enjoy watching the show.

I think when they first started it was really just the two of them coping and I liked them a lot better then, but now it seems that it's turned into "stardom" and Kate being away a lot.
This.

I've never followed the show, but I did catch one of the "earlier" episodes of Jon & Kate Plus Eight, and there's a huge contrast in her demeanor between then and now. She bugs the hell outta me, but whatever, there are worse folks out there.

She does have a pretty big following, though (apparently), so she's milking every opportunity she's got. Book tours, her stint on Dancing, "Kate Plus 8" AND "Twist of Kate" on TLC, tabloid stories (the majority of which, by the way, are set up by her publicist, so it's not like she's entirely victimized by these things), etc.

There's a difference between providing for your kids and providing for your ego. It's obvious now how much her priorities have shifted.

The thing is, why in the world would you take the show foward after these recent incidents? She even said herself that one of her kids called one of the babysitters, "mom".Would you consider taking a show forward if you had your ... offspring call someone else your position?

It's unfortunate but I see this a lot. I know several families where the nanny is called "mom" or something similar and the kids will go to them first.

There's a difference between providing for your kids and providing for your ego. It's obvious now how much her priorities have shifted.
Very true. Money, fame and power corrupts.

Truthfully, I've never seen one show that she's been on. Is she going to win mother of the year? Seriously doubt it. Are there mothers out there a million times worse. You better believe it.

but why get all judge-y on her? Why do you run her over with a really big car? Turn the channel if you don't like her.

It's unfortunate but I see this a lot. I know several families where the nanny is called "mom" or something similar and the kids will go to them first.

Very true. Money, fame and power corrupts.

Truthfully, I've never seen one show that she's been on. Is she going to win mother of the year? Seriously doubt it. Are there mothers out there a million times worse. You better believe it.

but why get all judge-y on her? Why do you run her over with a really big car? Turn the channel if you don't like her.

I don't think he is actually getting all judge-y, I think he is joking more than anything. Of course I know him so I know that he isn't a terrible person. he just has a ssense of humor that is a little different than most.

Deach, I don't entirely understand your way of thinking.. you're hot, you're cold, sometimes you're just plain bi-polar. It's not like you've not made judgmental posts before either.

What's the big deal? I don't like her, no wait, I really don't like her. And I don't see why people admire her. OF course there are crack heads and meth addicts out there being mothers, but I think it's a fundamental belief they are horrible people. But what makes Kate Great? She had 8 kids... she's never at home... she doesn't fulfill the definition of mother you and I would think... I mean c'mon!
What's there to admire...? money, fame? the ability to have copious amounts of children? The ability to ruin a marriage in fear of spoiling her image? I don't see what's there... and that's why I think she'd be better under a car than anywhere else.

Well, this is the way I see it. Kate Gosselin may have silly hair and an obnoxious gradient higher than typewriters chewing on tin foil while being kicked down the stairs, but at least she's not the Duggars. That show makes me want to simultaneously tear out my uterus and tie those girls down in order to forcibly inject feminist literature straight into their bloodstreams. And that is a true story.

Well, this is the way I see it. Kate Gosselin may have silly hair and an obnoxious gradient higher than typewriters chewing on tin foil while being kicked down the stairs, but at least she's not the Duggars. That show makes me want to simultaneously tear out my uterus and tie those girls down in order to forcibly inject feminist literature straight into their bloodstreams. And that is a true story.

They've got some major issues too... Going to need a much bigger vehicle for their unfortunate splatter. I will have to make a call to:

real-peterbilt-optimus-prime.jpg

Yep. Those Duggar folks make me crazy.

But that's America for you - mostly shitty people doing mostly shitty things, often to their kids. If there were ever a need to prove that ours is a culture in decline, I'd vote these two reality shows as exhibit #1. One is superstitious nut jobs giving their kids tickets to crazy town, the other is petty gossip fodder with no value.

I opt for the "rather poke my eyes out than watch a show about 'real' people raising too many kids" approach, but clearly I'm not the target market.

Top Bottom