Can I use guitar tabs to learn songs

dlknight

Reaction score
If I have the tab sheets can I use it for playing the uke. So if a song starts out with an "A" cord can I just use the "A" cord on the uke?

I am trying to find uke tabs but ran into chordie.com and they are all in guitar tab form.

Any help getting uke tabs for Eagles and Jimmy Buffett songs would be appreciated.

a chord is the same chord for any instrument, an A chord on the guitar is an A chord on the ukulele, you just use a different shape for it.
As for chordie, it will show ukulele chord shapes if you click ukulele under tuning on the right hand side of the page.

If I have the tab sheets can I use it for playing the uke. So if a song starts out with an "A" cord can I just use the "A" cord on the uke?

I am trying to find uke tabs but ran into chordie.com and they are all in guitar tab form.

Any help getting uke tabs for Eagles and Jimmy Buffett songs would be appreciated.
One of my favorite sites is Ultimate Guitar . . . here's a link to the Eagles and Jimmy Buffet. You should also check the Ukulele Resources thread.

Just for the record... if the chart you're reading just has chord names on it, but with nothing else (other than lyrics) then it's not actually a "tab."

Tablature ("tab" for short) looks like this:

bbkin_worwor.gif

Tablature has numbers that tell you exactly where and when to place your fingers on which string.

We now return to your regularly-scheduled ukulele forum.

JJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom