split screen woes

austin1

Reaction score
Hello all!

So I've been trying to figure out a way to do split screens and multiple tracks (a la Sebi, Dirk, and pretty much everyone else cooler than me), but I can't find a program that makes this easy. I keep hearing Garageband is the way to go, but I'm on a PC, and I refuse to believe that there's really something a Mac can do that my PC can't. Which programs do you PC people use to do multiple tracks and split screens? And how, exactly, do you go about doing said multiple-track-and-split-screen-ness?

I already looked through the "which program do you use thread," and it seems like the general consensus among PC users is Vegas, but if so a) which edition, b) how do you make the magic happen and c) is there anything better?

Thanks very much in advance!

--Tina

I am a video novice. The program I have messed with is TrackAxPC but I really know next to nothing about video, luckily other people do. I watched this guy's tutorial and it looked like it could do what you are attempting to do.

http://www.trakax.com/software/forum/viewthread/607/#1214

I don't know enough about video to suggest one program or another. I have no idea how TrackAxPC compares with other programs people are using but it seems OK to me.

I use Sony Vegas 9, which I got about a year ago for around £30. (It's since been superseded, I believe.)

This one is the cheapo version which only allows you four audio tracks and four video tracks. I record all the audio using Audacity and then mix it into one mp3 track. I import this into Vegas and add the video tracks. Lately, I've been sizing them into quarter-screens.

It's not as polished as the great Sebi's work, but it's the best I can do with limited funds and a PC. It's all I need for fun stuff, anyway.

(BTW, Adie, which version of Vegas are you using?)

I hope that helps, if you want some tips or help, feel free to give me a shout :)

Best wishes
Anna

thank all of you for your help! Anna, you're the second person to tell me to use Vegas and Audacity in conjunction with each other, so that looks like the best route. Thanks again!

Top Bottom