Attractive sopranos FS/FT: Brueko, Makai <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambient

Reaction score
I have just taken pictures, but now I'm having trouble with the USB interface to get my pictures on my computer, let alone online. Grrr. As soon as I can rectify this I will.
Unless I get some very early bites, none of these will be able to ship out until Tuesday since it's a holiday weekend.

Bruko S002F – “Nico”
http://www.brueko.de/shop/product_i....html&XTCsid=7b8484fc6a0341bb0940ee3d3ac49b55
Thin slimline like a Kala travel, but entirely solid wood. It’s maple maple maple-icious. Surprising volume and brightness. I’ve experimented with strings and so far these Freemont Clears are the best on them as far as clarity without harshness. Friction tuners.
Intimidatingly pristine, this slim teutonic blonde will come with a slim gig bag with pocket which fits her better than a regular soprano gig bag. It’s actually something for a childs toy but has the right profile, non-bulky padding and a smaller footprint for travel.
Not easy to score one of these in the US, and the dollar is still much less than the euro. Let alone what one pays for shipping and taxes to import one of these.
SOLD!

Makai Willow Soprano LK-50W – “Ella”
http://www.revivalacoustics.com/lk50w.html
This glossy lovely is still rare out there. Elderly seems to have been sold out of this model for awhile. Entire body is luscious willow laminate. High contrast rippling grain in the warmest coloring. Strings have been changed to Worth Browns which has further enhanced the tone. Gotoh friction tuners hold great. I just took this out to remind myself of how sweet her voice is and though she’s not been played in awhile, she had remained in tune with herself. Interior has cosmetic manufacturing flaw of a small splotch of something white. I will include a Rockbag soprano gig bag.
Adoption fee: SOLD!
Feel free to change their names once adopted.
Trades enthusiastically considered. I’m strictly a soprano and concert person. My collection still lacks a pineapple. I love a good cigar box uke.

Last edited:
Long overdue pics taken of the Makai last week. Having an ordeal with a missing USB cable.
I have to say the grain on this one is especially sweet. I like that the grain on the front has a W shape. W for "willow". W for "will you take me home?"
samscamera054.jpg

Sorry for the flash glare
samscamera057-1.jpg

samscamera055.jpg

Okay, I have no idea why I can't get the side view placed correctly. It's the way I want it on photobucket, just not in the url.

Last edited:
Makai

I have the same Makai but willow back and sides and a cedar top. It's a well made uke for the money. You won't be disappointed if you pick this up.

SOLD - thread can be closed.

Successful adoptions. The rather Ohana-esque Makai leaves for her new home.
At some point soonish I'll be putting up a few of my more novelty ukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom