New strings? Also "clanging" noise

pipi

Reaction score
Hi! I'm still very much a beginner at the ukulele but the better I get the more I notice the crappy sound of my uke. To be honest it might still be me that is makeing the crappy sound!:p But I was wondering if I got better strings (i'm still useing the ones that came with it) would it make much of a difference to the sound or would I be better off just saving up for a new uke/waiting till the strings break before changing them?

Also one of my strings makes a sort of clanging sound. I think it's the E string but it is hard to tell as it doesn't happen all the time and it never does it if I play the strings induvidually. does anyone have any idea as to what may be the problem?

What ukulele are you playing? What strings did it come with? How long have the strings been on for? If your uke came with cheap strings or if they have been on a long time then changing strings will probably make a massive difference! I love Aquila's but have just ordered some Worth's for my tenor. The D'addario strings are supposed to be good as well.

I'm playing a mahalo U2k. I got it at Christmas and haven't changed the strings yet. I don't know what the strings are made of...they're clear plasticy stuff.
Thanks, I think I will change them, it's not like it's a major investment anyway :p

Top Bottom