Going to HAWAII

SPIKE

Reaction score
Hi am off to the Oahu Island of Hawaii in August anyone visited and got any tips of any music shops, events, or bars for Uke players etc, or any other general tips????? am sure i will top up my Uke collection?

Spike

Shoots, you'll be missing the Waikiki uke fest by a month. Oh well, plenty else to see. There is no lack for ukulele shops on Oahu, especially along Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki. IMO, the best of these is either of the two Ukulele Pua Pua stores. They carry an amazing array of ukes of all makes and showcase many of the state's best custom builders as well. Also, several of the the "Big K" companies offer tours or will be happy to show you around. You may want to call ahead to make arrangements. have fun.
Aloha, Chuck

I have been there 4 times in the last 5 years.The last time was feb 2010.I would have to agree with Moore Bettah ukuleles that Pua pua at the Pacific beach hotel is the best place for great service in Waikiki..Also just take the bus to Kaneohe where Music Guy mike and Kanelia factory are within walking distance of each other.Also check out Island guitars at the ward center in Honolulu.Good luck.

Great help

Thanks to all for info, looks like will have to extend stay to get it all in but will do my best, please keep sending any other info thanks.

Spike

Top Bottom