How badly do people want a "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkeToaster

Reaction score
Bring it people! The more you want the more motivation i have to make it! ::eek:

If you have it, post it. There's no reason to have a topic full of begging posts.

I think there's enough videos of Jake playing it as well as tabs for it that a tutorial isn't necessary. If you want to make a tutorial for it, go for it. But to be honest that's one of the few songs I'm purposely not learning.

I think there's enough videos of Jake playing it as well as tabs for it that a tutorial isn't necessary. If you want to make a tutorial for it, go for it. But to be honest that's one of the few songs I'm purposely not learning.

Couldn't have said it better!

Bring it people! The more you want the more motivation i have to make it! ::eek:

Seriously? pompous much? lol. I would venture to say there are more than a few folks on here that can play it just fine. And there are vids everywhere, so let's not act like you have found the keys to the kingdom lol.

This one is good, I used it when I started out on uke.... it doesn't get to hung up on playing identically to Jake note for note, thats more something you work out from listening the cd, or in my case lets you work out your own style. Seems like a really nice guy also.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuCouS#p/u/17/wYOO9g1s2jg (part 1 of 3)

It was made by our very own 'UkuCouS'

Last edited:
This one is good, I used it when I started out on uke.... it doesn't get to hung up on playing identically to Jake note for note, thats more something you work out from listening the cd, or in my case lets you work out your own style. Seems like a really nice guy also.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuCouS#p/u/17/wYOO9g1s2jg (part 1 of 3)

It was made by our very own 'UkuCouS'

Used the same vids to help me learn!

I've never liked copying someone else like an "Elvis Impersonator"....or in this case a "Jake Impersonator" (not that there is anything wrong with that!...I guess) I prefer to start from scratch and work out my own version. In this case I chose the same key Am, got the chord progression and worked out the melody around those chords. My version is simpler and uses more lower fret positions than the other versions but still contains the chord progressions and melody so I'm happy.

Link removed by moderator
Well i find this sufficient

Last edited by a moderator:
And what if UkeToaster is Jake in disguise you guys are dissing. Remember "Toastman" and other "toast" references in Jake's albums?
You've got to be kidding me. I see people "borrowing" references all the time. Take for example, your nick and avatar. I don't for a moment believe you actually have anything to actually do with the LOTR character.

I'm sure Jake has better things to do with his time than come here and try to get us to support his making of a tutorial. Like working on his official tabs book or putting out a DVD with any tutorials he might actually make.

I'm not personally interested in Beatles' music but unlike some I appreciate the gesture.

Hey, who wants my Goldfinger tutorial? WHAT? NOBODY? COME ON!!!!!

You've got to be kidding me. I see people "borrowing" references all the time. Take for example, your nick and avatar. I don't for a moment believe you actually have anything to actually do with the LOTR character.

I'm sure Jake has better things to do with his time than come here and try to get us to support his making of a tutorial. Like working on his official tabs book or putting out a DVD with any tutorials he might actually make.
I think what he is trying to say that maybe some people to be a little more aware of what they are saying to "anyone" online.

Guys, please be respectful. If you don't want a tutorial, then go on elsewhere with your posts. There is no need to have the "pompous" type attitude I'm seeing displayed here. The member is new. It may be better to be nice and welcoming.

I've yet to put in the time to learn more than the main riff of a song. I've spent most of my time working on technique and writing my own stuff since I've started the Uke. I like the beatles, but I'm far from being a fan. That said, this song really is amazing on uke, even if I didn't learn the whole thing, I would love to see a tutorial.

The Bay link doesn't seem to be seeded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom