PDA

View Full Version : How badly do people want a "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" tutorial?

UkeToaster
05-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Bring it people! The more you want the more motivation i have to make it! ::o

byjimini
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
If you have it, post it. There's no reason to have a topic full of begging posts.

thatukuleleguy
05-29-2010, 12:56 PM
VERY! If I could play that... oh, that would be amazing.

CoLmes
05-29-2010, 12:58 PM
There already are a few.

FourChordWonder
05-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I think there's enough videos of Jake playing it as well as tabs for it that a tutorial isn't necessary. If you want to make a tutorial for it, go for it. But to be honest that's one of the few songs I'm purposely not learning.

uke552
05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I think there's enough videos of Jake playing it as well as tabs for it that a tutorial isn't necessary. If you want to make a tutorial for it, go for it. But to be honest that's one of the few songs I'm purposely not learning.

Couldn't have said it better!

13jparker
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I would absolutely love a tutorial!

AC Baltimore
05-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Bring it people! The more you want the more motivation i have to make it! ::o

Seriously? pompous much? lol. I would venture to say there are more than a few folks on here that can play it just fine. And there are vids everywhere, so let's not act like you have found the keys to the kingdom lol.

ukulelearp
05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
There's a power tab out there that does the job just fine.

Pippin
05-30-2010, 02:00 AM
And what if UkeToaster is Jake in disguise you guys are dissing. Remember "Toastman" and other "toast" references in Jake's albums?

E-Lo Roberts
05-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Seriously? pompous much? lol. I would venture to say there are more than a few folks on here that can play it just fine. And there are vids everywhere, so let's not act like you have found the keys to the kingdom lol.

AC, you da man!....

casarole45
05-30-2010, 06:27 AM
This one is good, I used it when I started out on uke.... it doesn't get to hung up on playing identically to Jake note for note, thats more something you work out from listening the cd, or in my case lets you work out your own style. Seems like a really nice guy also.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuCouS#p/u/17/wYOO9g1s2jg (part 1 of 3)

It was made by our very own 'UkuCouS'

Nuprin
05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
This one is good, I used it when I started out on uke.... it doesn't get to hung up on playing identically to Jake note for note, thats more something you work out from listening the cd, or in my case lets you work out your own style. Seems like a really nice guy also.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuCouS#p/u/17/wYOO9g1s2jg (part 1 of 3)

It was made by our very own 'UkuCouS'

Used the same vids to help me learn!

the52blues
05-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I've never liked copying someone else like an "Elvis Impersonator"....or in this case a "Jake Impersonator" (not that there is anything wrong with that!...I guess) I prefer to start from scratch and work out my own version. In this case I chose the same key Am, got the chord progression and worked out the melody around those chords. My version is simpler and uses more lower fret positions than the other versions but still contains the chord progressions and melody so I'm happy.

mcnilly
05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Link removed by moderator
Well i find this sufficient

itsme
05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
And what if UkeToaster is Jake in disguise you guys are dissing. Remember "Toastman" and other "toast" references in Jake's albums?
You've got to be kidding me. I see people "borrowing" references all the time. Take for example, your nick and avatar. I don't for a moment believe you actually have anything to actually do with the LOTR character.

I'm sure Jake has better things to do with his time than come here and try to get us to support his making of a tutorial. Like working on his official tabs book or putting out a DVD with any tutorials he might actually make.

clayton56
05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm not personally interested in Beatles' music but unlike some I appreciate the gesture.

Hey, who wants my Goldfinger tutorial? WHAT? NOBODY? COME ON!!!!!

Melissa82
05-30-2010, 04:43 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I see people "borrowing" references all the time. Take for example, your nick and avatar. I don't for a moment believe you actually have anything to actually do with the LOTR character.

I'm sure Jake has better things to do with his time than come here and try to get us to support his making of a tutorial. Like working on his official tabs book or putting out a DVD with any tutorials he might actually make.I think what he is trying to say that maybe some people to be a little more aware of what they are saying to "anyone" online.

Guys, please be respectful. If you don't want a tutorial, then go on elsewhere with your posts. There is no need to have the "pompous" type attitude I'm seeing displayed here. The member is new. It may be better to be nice and welcoming.

choss
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I've yet to put in the time to learn more than the main riff of a song. I've spent most of my time working on technique and writing my own stuff since I've started the Uke. I like the beatles, but I'm far from being a fan. That said, this song really is amazing on uke, even if I didn't learn the whole thing, I would love to see a tutorial.

Teek
05-30-2010, 08:09 PM
The Bay link doesn't seem to be seeded...

mcnilly
05-30-2010, 11:32 PM
The Bay link doesn't seem to be seeded...

Thats very odd, im seeding it now for you. I have a few troubles so if it doesnt connect just give me a PM and i'll upload it to mediafire or something for you

Teek
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Eventually got it but also got same error that it couldn't be opened as an unknown file type. It's ok, couldn't play it anyway. :(

Keef
05-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Any help I can get would be fantastic thank you very much. Now on the subject of Jake he is sooo good that it is more likely that I find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow than me ever being half as good as he is SO right now I'm trying to copy the uke boy the happyest person I know this kid is great! And he sings too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtbG0vtkHY&feature=youtube_gdata

specialmike
05-31-2010, 07:28 PM
let's hear you play it before you make a tutorial. Plenty out there, you must have something worth learning if you want us to watch it.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
put it this way...

there are never too many videos out there... I'm sure if there were 100 tutorials, you could pull something off all of them... I know I have..

I say birng it !

Pippin
05-31-2010, 09:43 PM
I think what he is trying to say that maybe some people to be a little more aware of what they are saying to "anyone" online.

Guys, please be respectful. If you don't want a tutorial, then go on elsewhere with your posts. There is no need to have the "pompous" type attitude I'm seeing displayed here. The member is new. It may be better to be nice and welcoming.

Bingo... and the winner is...

mcnilly
06-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Its just a normal PDF, Should work fine, I'll upload it to mediafire. I also didnt think i could play it, i can play the first page off by heart and all the strumming, Now its just a case of remembering the rest. I wish i could strum like Jake, Need to find a few flamenco strumming tutorials!

Link removed by moderator

Melissa82
06-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Due to copyright reasons, please do not post the tabs. At one point, Dominator did have them up but he removed them after being kindly asked by Jake and his agent/publisher/manager.

AC Baltimore
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Due to copyright reasons, please do not post the tabs. At one point, Dominator did have them up but he removed them after being kindly asked by Jake and his agent/publisher/manager.

I really never understood this. I mean I get recording and selling bootleg music, but wouldn't an artist want all the people they can get learning and doing their music? It seems to me that it is just more adoration and exposure. And I am not speaking directly to this situation with Jake, I see it everywhere with headline artists.

Melissa82
06-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I really never understood this. I mean I get recording and selling bootleg music, but wouldn't an artist want all the people they can get learning and doing their music? It seems to me that it is just more adoration and exposure. And I am not speaking directly to this situation with Jake, I see it everywhere with headline artists.It has to do with the record companies. There's countless subjects about it on UU. I'd like it if we could steer clear from it here. If anyone really feels a need to talk about it, dig through the threads and pull up and old topic. In fact, that aren't even that old because they get started so often.

AC Baltimore
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
It has to do with the record companies. There's countless subjects about it on UU. I'd like it if we could steer clear from it here. If anyone really feels a need to talk about it, dig through the threads and pull up and old topic. In fact, that aren't even that old because they get started so often.

Ahhh, not that interested... just a thought.

leftovermagic84
06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey, who wants my Goldfinger tutorial? WHAT? NOBODY? COME ON!!!!!

Yes please. Do you have Superman and Radio?

aspieman456
06-02-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm not that big a fan of Jake's. I know he very good at the picking bit but, to me, they're are better ukulele pickers than him. Besides, I'm not all that good at fingerpicking myself.

thejumpingflea
06-02-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm not that big a fan of Jake's. I know he very good at the picking bit but, to me, they're are better ukulele pickers than him.

I'd love to hear those other players. Who are you talking of?

sasasa1
06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
I can think of one up there with Jake...
and it's Matt Dahlberg!!! :p

aspieman456
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM
John King, Aaron Keim, Narcisco Lobo come to mind.

AC Baltimore
06-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm not that big a fan of Jake's. I know he very good at the picking bit but, to me, they're are better ukulele pickers than him. Besides, I'm not all that good at fingerpicking myself.

Ditto. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing talent... his music just don't really move me.

CoLmes
06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I can kinda see that. It's not that he's not the best. He one hundred precent is. He's the best in the world at what he does. Flawless technique, redic clean attack and his love for the uke is no comparison. No other uke player has opened for buffet, played at Ted or was invited to play for the queen of freaking England.

I do respect what he has done for the uke and I wish I could play like him.. he's still not one of my favs. It's just what you prefer. Some people like to listen to instrumentals others enjoy I'm a Queen.

Rzr
06-02-2010, 08:12 AM
John King, Aaron Keim, Narcisco Lobo come to mind.

Who's Narcisco Lobo?

AC Baltimore
06-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Some people like to listen to instrumentals

That's what it really comes down to for me. I am more a fan of the singer/player. Which is a bit odd because I do many guitar instrumentals. Here is the most recent one I did, if anyone cares lol. http://www.acbaltimore.com/music/LIGHTINGRIVER.mp3

AC Baltimore
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Who's Narcisco Lobo?

UU's Seeso

Rzr
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
UU's Seeso

Never heard of him. I'll look him up.

Melissa82
06-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm closing this thread. It seems as though the OP is not returning with a tutorial and the thread is starting to head in a not so great direction.