Best All Around Uke with pick up

yep. the one that YOU want.

IMO there is no such thing as the best ANYTHING. it all comes down to what YOU are looking for in whatever you are buying.

ex. if i owned a $4000, it would not be my best uke. why? because im willing to play my $335 kala, and i would keep the $4k uke in a glass case out of any light. really? what good is that? hahaha.

yep. the one that YOU want.

IMO there is no such thing as the best ANYTHING. it all comes down to what YOU are looking for in whatever you are buying.

ex. if i owned a $4000, it would not be my best uke. why? because im willing to play my $335 kala, and i would keep the $4k uke in a glass case out of any light. really? what good is that? hahaha.

that and "best" is so subjective. whats best for one person may not be best for another. maybe one person wants a warmer tone while another wants a brighter one. if you go in between, then you won't be satisfied with the sound. it's all based on preference and like what nuke said, "it all comes down to what YOU are looking for in whatever you are buying."

i c aiight thx for the advice guys im definately gonna do some research on this well i just needed some personal opinions because im from the mainland and there are no uke shops here so i really cant try anything out, thats kinda my situation

theres a uke shop in japan town, S.F.

but i know that its going to be more pricey than online. but go there and check out the different brands and pick which one you think sounds right for you.

theres a uke shop in japan town, S.F.

but i know that its going to be more pricey than online. but go there and check out the different brands and pick which one you think sounds right for you.

thx fred i think imma do that umm would you happen to know if that shop has a website? i might go take bart to go check it out

i c aiight thx for the advice guys im definately gonna do some research on this well i just needed some personal opinions because im from the mainland and there are no uke shops here so i really cant try anything out, thats kinda my situation

aww ya thats kinda junk. my current uke i bought online through ebay and i wished i had tested it out first-hand cuz it was a lot brighter than the uke i was playing, but that was a friend's one so i had to return it eventually anyway.

Island bazzar in huntington beach has a good selection to choose from. at least pick them up to check out. also try musicguymic on ebay he lives in kaneohe, hi and is a real honest guy with a big selection. he will be at the namm in anahiem this weekend. that's a good show to go to but difficult to get in to.

hey Joseph this is off topic, but do you happen to be related to a Jay or a Jeremiah in Irvine or San Diego?

i got a uke from cali. stores right in sactown

nah dude :)

my last name is a very VERY common phillipino last name -________- lol do i look familiar? or is it just my last name?

brother, i feel its my duty to point it out before someone else does. there are a lot of people that are pretty anal about this and proud of it. so before someone ever points it out and chastises you for it...

when you are referring to your ethnicity, it is filipino or pilipino. the letters "PH" are only used in the word Philippines. officially, filipino is in reference to the national language (it was changed from tagalog to filipino about 15 years ago), while pilipino is in reference to a person's ethnicity. but over the years, "filipino" has been accepted in reference to ethnicity. "philipino" is just not used... ever. hahaha

sorry about being off topic here, but i just know of some pinoys that have so much pride in their heritage that they would get in your face and accuse you of not knowing enough about your race and blah blah blah blah blah. so im just letting you know so that you dont make that mistake in front of someone that would react in a not-so-civil manner.

brother, i feel its my duty to point it out before someone else does. there are a lot of people that are pretty anal about this and proud of it. so before someone ever points it out and chastises you for it...

when you are referring to your ethnicity, it is filipino or pilipino. the letters "PH" are only used in the word Philippines. officially, filipino is in reference to the national language (it was changed from tagalog to filipino about 15 years ago), while pilipino is in reference to a person's ethnicity. but over the years, "filipino" has been accepted in reference to ethnicity. "philipino" is just not used... ever. hahaha

sorry about being off topic here, but i just know of some pinoys that have so much pride in their heritage that they would get in your face and accuse you of not knowing enough about your race and blah blah blah blah blah. so im just letting you know so that you dont make that mistake in front of someone that would react in a not-so-civil manner.

well my bad dude i didnt know "Filipinos" would get mad over a error in spelling, btw i am proud to be a Filipino sorry for not knowing how to spell
correctly

well my bad dude i didnt know "Filipinos" would get mad over a error in spelling, btw i am proud to be a Filipino sorry for not knowing how to spell
correctly

haha no need to appologize to me. its just something that i happen to know about, and happen to know of people that would react in a surprising manner upon such a situation. remember when people were saying arnold schwartzenegger shouldnt run for gov because he couldnt say california correctly? reason i made it a point is because those overzealous pinoys are usually from the bay area hahaha. hell half the filipinos here in san diego, in my generation or newer, cant speak a lick of any dialect of the philippines. even being born and raised in the US, but knowing how to speak tagalog, i get made fun of sometimes for being a FOB. i have no problem with that but i also think its sad that people are that ignorant.

so its no bust on you. im just trying to help you avoid anything like that in the future.

Top Bottom