Getting Back into the swing.

Timbuck

Reaction score
While I was building the CNC machine..and Fixing a couple of broken down Cars..I sort of got out of building ukes for a while..so now i'm getting back into the swing again and I'm building a couple of soprano's and a tenor...this is the first of the soprano's ..usual Style"O" features dovetail neck join 1 piece neck rosewood fingerboard etc:
PICT7038.jpg

Last edited:
It's gorgeous, Timbuck. Very clean, and the finish has character. Compliments to you and your wife. What kind of mahogany is it?

It's gorgeous, Timbuck. Very clean, and the finish has character. Compliments to you and your wife. What kind of mahogany is it?
It's an "African Mahogany" Matt ...I have to take it steady bending it, it also objects a lot to being planed against the grain, it's not easy to work with unless the tools are very sharp..But it looks good and sounds good...and I've enough to make about 30 ukes.

Only one thing to say, really...

WANT!

(Nice work, sir. Gorgeous.

Beautiful uke as always Timbuck, like looking at a Martin in a music shop in 1920. One of these days I'll own one of your ukes... bet.

OMG, You're squarepeg... lol I've seen your auctions before. It's a small world after all. That's a french polish huh... looks great.

Last edited:
Super, Super nice work. A thing of beauty for sure. Congrats.

I've been away from building for over a year and just a couple of months ago got back in the shop. It is like having to learn all over again but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I'm such a noob every day is like having to learn it all over again.. but i keep toiling away down in the dungeon like I know what I'm doing... day after day. I hope to make something I'll be proud of eventually. Until then I'll soak up the meandering output of knowledge from these cats.

Last edited:
g'damn that's absolutely beautiful...

makes me itch to get started on my first!! My birthday is June 7th and I've been tipped off by my wife that everyone is getting me Home Depot gift cards so i can start to build my woodworking tool collection! :)

...on that note, too bad I can't use the HD gift cards to make an e-bay purchase and take that gorgeous uke off your hands :)

-Lenny

g'damn that's absolutely beautiful...

makes me itch to get started on my first!! My birthday is June 7th and I've been tipped off by my wife that everyone is getting me Home Depot gift cards so i can start to build my woodworking tool collection! :)

...on that note, too bad I can't use the HD gift cards to make an e-bay purchase and take that gorgeous uke off your hands :)

-Lenny

If you're ready to do you first you would be well advised to copy the greats. Timbuck's ukes are beautiful, and I'm sure, I'm absolutelty sure they sound just as beautiful as they look. There are Martin plans to be had and there is mahogany to be had. Take advantage of years (decades) of study and follow the plans. You WILL build a ukulele you are proud of right off the bat if you're very careful. Stand on the shoulders of giants before you leap. This is very sound advice.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have one of thos ukes Timbuck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom