Billy Joel - Uke + Melodica!

Hehe, featuring my new babies - the snared Lapdrum & my Honer Student Melodica. Also featuring my generic guitar, The Fluke, and my skinny fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5cyiLqiXd0

Doesn't seem to synch quite right towards the end, but i guess it's the same way with life. Hope you guys like!
wooohoooo!!!! Awesome man! I'm so learning this song and posting a video! I have version of Velvet Fingertips I hope I can record really soon and post it up for you man! haha

Amazing!!!

Freakin' awesome . . . no can wait fo anodda one.

haha.. awesome job, you :music:. how long did it take you to edit and what tools did you use? i'm due for some vids.

That was great. I gotta get me one of those slap drums. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!! I ordered the lapdrum right off their website - Chris, the guy who makes them, is awesome - super nice, quick to respond, quick to ship, and really helpful. They got a bunch of other sweet stuff on there that I wanted, but the Lappy was all I could afford right now : (

haha.. awesome job, you :music:. how long did it take you to edit and what tools did you use? i'm due for some vids.

I usually use Sony Vegas for my vids and mix all the audio with Adobe Audition. Really basic setup, but it works! Filming took me about an hour and a half, and editing took me, well, much longer than that ... :D

I love your video!!!
You are such a great artist!!
I've seen your other videos (thw thumbs up) lol
Im always laughing!!!
Congrats!!
Can u upload a video just playing the lapdrum!!??? (I want one too)
-Ingrit

Your videos are always so creative.

How do you get the sound to come out so good from the melodica and the lapsnare?

I also want a melodica and lapsnare now. lol

Last edited:
You just keep getting better! GUGUG better watch out, man coool!

your vids are always awesome puremarkska. always enjoy them. great job

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I wasn't too sure how many Billy Joel fans were left in this world (or uke or melodica fans, for that matter). Thanks for bombing my comment area and for watching.

How do you get the sound to come out so good from the melodica and the lapsnare?

For the melodica, I layered the harmony over the main melody, so together it sounds probably a little better than what a single melodica would sound like. But the snared Lapdrum, that thing is just amazing as is (I can't drum for beans!).

Top Bottom